new kid on the block

This is a discussion on new kid on the block within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone. Names Andrew. Well to start, I dont YET own a WRX, i hope to be buying one within ...

new kid on the block

Hey everyone. Names Andrew. Well to start, I dont YET own a WRX, i hope to be buying one within the next few months, but I heard some stuff about this forum, so I decided to come take a look. Yeah, I'm 16 and going on my second car do to an accident I was in back in December. I used to drive a 2004 Tiburon V6. You can see the damage here.

But yeah, my hope is to own a 02-03 WRX and I got some questions for the pros out there.

1. How is the insurance? Being a 4dr, 4cyl I would think low, but then doesnt it being turbo play a deal?

2. I've heard that the trannys are like glass to a point, and before any serious modding, its wise to work on the trans first.

3. I've also heard modding is pretty costy, how true is this?

I think thats about it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    welcome

1) insurance varies so much. there are so many diffferent factors. do a search on insurance or call your insurance company.

2) modding for any car is usually pricey.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

well thats the thing, since im underage it will be in my moms name. but with the accident on the record (i wasnt at fault btw) will make it go up.

Welcome to the club!
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Careful, I still think she's packin wang.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome.

Please take some time to explore the links in my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTc View Post
    How is the insurance? Being a 4dr, 4cyl I would think low, but then doesn't it being turbo play a deal?
    There are hundreds of factors that go into insurance rates and they also vary by which insurance company you use. Things like your credit score, statistics on the vehicle you are insuring, where you live, where you drive, your age, your record, marital status, etc., etc. Trying to get rates from people here is practically useless. I can tell you, that statistically, the wrx is involved in more claims then the average car so it will cost more to insure.

I've heard that the trannys are like glass to a point, and before any serious modding, its wise to work on the trans first.
    The tranny is fine as long as it's not abused. If you plan on abusing it then yes it is something to think about.

I've also heard modding is pretty costy, how true is this?
    Yes, that's with any car because you have to not only pay for the price of the mod but the decrease in fuel mileage and decrease in reliability. Additionally, when you go to sell the car you will get significantly less for it, if it has been modified. (Especially if they know it was modified by a 16 year old.)
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

hello and welcome to the club
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club Andrew!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

dang man..that sux bout ur car...but hey ur allready lookin in the right path haha..
    BugEye Mafia Memba 165

Banned
    Hey everyone. Names Andrew. Well to start, I dont YET own a WRX, i hope to be buying one within the next few months, but I heard some stuff about this forum, so I decided to come take a look. Yeah, I'm 16 and going on my second car do to an accident I was in back in December. I used to drive a 2004 Tiburon V6. You can see the damage here.

But yeah, my hope is to own a 02-03 WRX and I got some questions for the pros out there.

1. How is the insurance? Being a 4dr, 4cyl I would think low, but then doesnt it being turbo play a deal?

2. I've heard that the trannys are like glass to a point, and before any serious modding, its wise to work on the trans first.

3. I've also heard modding is pretty costy, how true is this?

I think thats about it!
    That fourm layout is cool.
    If you do buy the 03 have slightly stronger trannies. Anything is like glass if you hammer on it hard enough.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Welcome.

Please take some time to explore the links in my signature.

There are hundreds of factors that go into insurance rates and they also vary by which insurance company you use. Things like your credit score, statistics on the vehicle you are insuring, where you live, where you drive, your age, your record, marital status, etc., etc. Trying to get rates from people here is practically useless. I can tell you, that statistically, the wrx is involved in more claims then the average car so it will cost more to insure.

The tranny is fine as long as it's not abused. If you plan on abusing it then yes it is something to think about.

Yes, that's with any car because you have to not only pay for the price of the mod but the decrease in fuel mileage and decrease in reliability. Additionally, when you go to sell the car you will get significantly less for it, if it has been modified. (Especially if they know it was modified by a 16 year old.)
    wow man. thanks for the info!

and yeah guys, im really pushing for a wrx. i know i said a few months but thats most likely going to be prolonged.

unless...someone is selling a '99 impreza, i could always buy the turbo kit down the road.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/car/563797147.html

if anyone wants to take a look