Newbie from Denver
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Newbie from Denver within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi all, Just wanted to introduce myself. Currently in the market to buy WRX wagon. Had an 03 Evo, love ...

Newbie from Denver

Hi all,

Just wanted to introduce myself. Currently in the market to buy WRX wagon. Had an 03 Evo, love the power but don't love the attention nor is it a pratical car. About to have another kid and needed something a little roomier. Going to look at an 04 WRX wagon this weekend, has 67K on it, asking price is $13.8k. Clean history report, was wondering if this is a good deal or not? Vehicle is an automatic, is it even worth a slight mod even tho it is an automatic? Thanks in advance!

C.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow no welcomes or replies to a potential WRX buyer?

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Welcome to the club

Wagons rule!

i think that price is at least 1,000 too much offer 12,000

the Automatic is not nearly as much fun to drive, but the automatic transmission is strong and handles up to 300hp easily.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Sonicwagon, thank you for the feedback. KBB shows its being worth about $13.8K. I'm going to offer them $12k like you said and see how it goes from there. Power wise I'm going for the simple bolton and flash. Not a fan of the automatic, maybe I should wait and see what else is around the corner.

welcome welcome...i have family that live out in colorado =).....

Quote Originally Posted by 1trackmind View Post
    Sonicwagon, thank you for the feedback. KBB shows its being worth about $13.8K. I'm going to offer them $12k like you said and see how it goes from there. Power wise I'm going for the simple bolton and flash. Not a fan of the automatic, maybe I should wait and see what else is around the corner.
    yea well, with stage 2 power levels the auto would have no trouble and the Manual might. If you take care of it and don,t abuse the transmission the 5 speed is the way to go.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman

No plans on taking it beyond stage 1. Just a little more get go than stock and I'm content. An automatic is nice to have during traffic jams but like you said mt is so much more fun. Hopefully in the next couple days using the search tool I can learn a little more about the boxter motor.

No plans on taking it beyond stage 1. Just a little more get go than stock and I'm content. An automatic is nice to have during traffic jams but like you said mt is so much more fun. Hopefully in the next couple days using the search tool I can learn a little more about the boxter motor.
    Boxter is a Girls porsche, Boxer is how we roll

thanks for the correction. Hopefully most you guys and gal would let this one slip since I'm a newbie!

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club C.!

Do you need the auto for a specific reason? Just coming out of an Evo the transition to an automatic transmission might be a downer.

Have you checked out prices here?

http://www.edmunds.com/

http://www.kbb.com/
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Correct me if I'm wrong but rumors states the tranny isn't all that great in the WRX similiar to the Evo. Still undecisive which route I should go as far as transmission. Just want practicality and reliability more than anything else. Mod wise, a stage above stock to have a little fun around town or through the mountains. No intentions of turning it into another track monster.

I Support ClubWRX
    Correct me if I'm wrong but rumors states the tranny isn't all that great in the WRX similiar to the Evo. Still undecisive which route I should go as far as transmission. Just want practicality and reliability more than anything else. Mod wise, a stage above stock to have a little fun around town or through the mountains. No intentions of turning it into another track monster.
    The 2002 - earlier 2003 transmissions had narrower gears that contributed to failures when hammered and beat on. Starting in late 2003 and later the gears were widened somewhat to help address this issue. If they have been treated with reasonable care they will hold up just fine.

The WRX does not have an Evo tranny, but most have no issues with them including those that have been modded. If all you are looking for is durability then I would still opt for the 5MT assuming the rest of the car is in good shape.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    Mods & Pics

SPT I should've been more specific, I was refering to the how fragile the tranny is compared to the Evo. I guess I would be safe if I can find a used 04 on up. Living in CO I should'nt have a difficult time in finding one, and hopefully one that is left stock.

I Support ClubWRX
    SPT I should've been more specific, I was refering to the how fragile the tranny is compared to the Evo. I guess I would be safe if I can find a used 04 on up. Living in CO I should'nt have a difficult time in finding one, and hopefully one that is left stock.
    The name is Bill. I did mention the two are not comparable. With a little patience and searching I would think you can find a well maintained stock WRX. I seem to remember reading Colorado is Subaru's #1 (or close to it) state in terms of sales - you should have an easier time finding one.

Happy hunting - keep is posted.
    Mods & Pics

Thanks Bill, hopefully I can find a decent 04 or newer WRX by April/May time frame. Probably in the first month of getting it I would do all the necessary maintenance- oil change, drive train fluids, tire rotation, etc. Next step is simple bolt ons, bargain hunting now in the forsale section.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast