Im new and have a question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Im new and have a question within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just bought an 04 impreza wrx in red its fast compared to the 89 chevy celebrity i used to ...

Im new and have a question

I just bought an 04 impreza wrx in red its fast compared to the 89 chevy celebrity i used to drive and beautiful in the snow cause well i live in buffalo and that is necessary on any car here.
    But today i was goofing around of course in a parking lot and suddenly i noticed the car got louder much much louder like it had no muffler i instantaneously drove to the subaru dealership, and was like what is that? they said it was a seperation in the pipes i was like crap but then when i was pulling out the noise went away so idk if anyone has ever had their car repair itself but i havent and it has not come back so well anyone got any ideas on this issue i have an appointment to fix the noise that no longer is there but if i go back idk what they'll find
    04 Red wrx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome! If the dealership said that's what it was, then I would tend to believe them. The symptoms you describe match up with what they're telling you. If you're at all handy you could probably fix it yourself very easily.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

thank you yeah i was thinking about looking myself to see but its so damn cold and snowy around here and i dont have a garage
    but it just went away...?
    04 Red wrx

I can understand not wanting to do it. I have a Cobb TBE sitting in my basement for almost a month now for the same reason.

I'm guessing a couple of the bolts holding two of the sections of the pipe have rusted out and the pipes separated, then either by braking or accelerating or hitting a bump they went back together. I'd guess it might be the connection from the downpipe to the midpipe since I think that's a donut fitting which would be able to hold itself together somewhat.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

thanks for your help
    04 Red wrx

hello and welcome to the club
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.