2006 Wrx Tr..... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2006 Wrx Tr..... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by motorcross242 guys i have a question.... i have an 07 wrx. im not sure if its the ...

Quote Originally Posted by motorcross242 View Post
    guys i have a question....

i have an 07 wrx. im not sure if its the TR or not...
    it has the spoiler, it has pretty nice black and grey somewhat bucket seats. but there the TR seats
    the radio is pretty plain but its decent.
    mirrors are black not painted
    it has side skirts.

did the dealership just fancy up a TR and sold it to me more expensive. i think the sticker price was like 24k or 25k
    sounds like a TR with some options. The sticker on mine was right around 24K

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ratteb View Post
    i dont think subaru clutches sink to the floor......randomly lol, and i bet if they did, warranty's would fix it! unlike nissans!!
    you'd think so... i have to get a new clutch and they won't cover mine.. apparently subaru of america rarely covers the clutch under warranty if the car has over 12,000 miles on it.. i have 20,000
    Stage 2 2006 OBP WRX TR
    HKS Carbon Ti cat-back, Invidia DP, Cobb AP
    Debadged, Painted Headlight Housing, Nightshaded tail lights.

i would rather have an 06 cuz i do over the 05 due to the drivedrain..... the 06 has the 2.5 liter and the 05 2.0. and stock the 06 only runs 11.6 psi and the 05 13.5psi. so i think u can put more boost get more hp. the 06 jus has a greater potential. little more torque stock as well which is noticable and nice. i mean u could run 13.5 psi in an 06 and be start competin with some stock sti's and with a 05 at 13.5psi your jus slow lol.

and i wish i had the wrx seats as well. might upgrade to to racing seats and have them so they match the black mesh on the back seats

how long did your clutch last?
    Problems?

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

Is there a specific code for the TR that is printed on the door jamb panel or in the VIN?

I guess a carfax will show the TR as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunzie View Post
    Is there a specific code for the TR that is printed on the door jamb panel or in the VIN?

I guess a carfax will show the TR as well.
    i am not sure about VIN, but there are a couple tell-tale signs of a tr. check the mirror skins, if they're unpainted most likely a tr. the mirror skins are easy and cheap to paint though, so i suggest checking out the interior, mainly check whether the car has HVAC controls of not. if the car has the circle knobs that are the same color as the trim and change by temp., its a wrx.....if it is an 06/07 and has the black knobs that go from blue to red and 1,2,3,4....its a tr for sure

thats what i would check, as it is the hardest change to make to make a tr appear to be a normal wrx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12