A Show of Hands - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on A Show of Hands within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just turned 45......

Just turned 45...
    Cones don't count at Hillclimbs.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The WRX is fast, safe and handle well. The bang-for-buck as stock makes it popular among both young and old kids. I'm over 30 and no one looks at me as if I don't fit in that car. We are thinking about having children in about 18 months, and my '08 WRX is safer than my wife's Protege, has better rear access to install child seats and more trunk space. As long as I hide the gas receipts from her she actually likes the car - she thinks it's more grown up than my last two (Celica and Prelude).

36 here. Buy what you want and what you can afford. Screw what everyone thinks.

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    My wife liked the mercury milan (ford fusion, lincoln mkz) more - she said it fit my image better.

I am 30. An engineer with 3 kids, whose "other car" is a minivan. I don't let 1 day go by that I don't redline my WRX. I love this car and never gave a thought to what someone my age "should" buy...
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

Car suitable to AGE?

Well, maybe, but only if you are talking about coffee can exhausts and wings the size of a barn door. These are suitable only for high school, methinks.

Other than that:

Who do you think buys Corvettes?
    Ferraris?
    Lambos?

And so on...

Rich celebrities and people in their late 40s and up, generally...
    Only ones that can afford them- and the insurance.

Get a car that meets your NEEDS, or if you can afford to (financially or practicality-wise), just get a car that you like and will enjoy.

I'm 42- my last car was a Mazda Miata because it was fantastic to drive and I didn't need to carry other people or much cargo. Screw what anyone else thought.

Now I have a 2008 WRX- because I needed something more responsible and practical.

And something that is NOT a piece of junk, and/or has front wheel drive.
    Find me another new car that is NOT front wheel drive, or a piece of junk for under 25K.

Yeah, I couldn't find one either.

My dad is 55 and he is always trying to make up excuses to drive my car, and now he wants to look into buying an STi for himself. A lot more fun than his daily, Accord EX. I think there are a lot more people in your age group than you would imagine driving these cars. Even more so with the STi because they're out of most peoples budget thats younger than you by any significant number of years. Hell 28 was young last time i checked, I'm 17.
    Last edited by apex32; 01-31-2008 at 02:26 PM.
    2004 WRB WRX Stage2+ << SOLD
    2004 PSM STi << FOR SALE
    Blobeye Syndicate # 32
    Dirty Crew # 32
    Quote Originally Posted by RealDealTarheel View Post
    They're usually way too busy popping their BOV's at me anyways. If I put an anti-neon sign on my FMIC I'd really never get to grocery shop in peace.

hahaha funny u mention this, i am one of those high school kids that has a wrx. im 18 and i drive a 2002 wrx sedan. but my uncle of 50 drives an 07 sti and he always brags about how he whoops my ass. i think its cool that older people have some of the same tastes that i do. i say do it prolly best bang for ur buck car.

27 here and my STI has a picnic table and melon shooter. F'n Luv it.

i am 27, drive my 2006 WRX every day and love it. i don't plan on ever selling it but still have ~3.5 years left on my loan. that means when the car is paid off i will be 31 and still driving it (hopefully). if you only make tasteful modifications you can still feel like you drive a 'grown ups car'.
    if you want a WRX get it, you won't be disappointed. i got mine after my gf totaled my 2000 Nissan Maxima and like the WRX a lot more!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #120
    2006 WRX TR in OBP

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Get one. FTW.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

My dad is 50 and drives an sti
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

This older guy, maybe 40-45 used to always come into work

Absolutely gorgeous 07 STI

Upgraded turbo, the most amazing sounding BOV I've ever heard, Golden carbon fiber hood and trunk lid. Upgraded transmission and intake, exhaust

I got to drive it once. I was working at a car wash, only moved it 25 feet though

I always loved hearing that car leave

29, '04 STi.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

30--'04 wagon...we never grow up anyway...we just grow older.
    I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
    Blobeye Syndicate #311

Nah... Trust me growing up only means better toys.

39 years old and I cant wait to get the next one. The car turns you on when you turn it on....wait, thats a Caddy commercial - anyway. If you're worried about what you look like in it, get the windows limo tinted!! Personally I dig the stares and looks from the "youngsters" as I zip by them in their pimped out Hondas etc etc...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast