New 2003 WRX owner, from the Honda world
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New 2003 WRX owner, from the Honda world within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm a proud new owner of a 2003 WRX! Technically it was purchased for my wife but I will be ...

New 2003 WRX owner, from the Honda world

I'm a proud new owner of a 2003 WRX! Technically it was purchased for my wife but I will be driving it a lot (and my name is on the title!) I also own a 2000 Civic Si that I bought new. I'm a long time honda owner (4 hondas so far) and new to Subarus. I've always liked the WRX but have never really been in the market for one. My wife and I were looking to replace her aging '95 Accord and she expressed interest in a WRX. We started searching around and pretty quickly came across this 2003 with 54k miles that is basically stock. The only aftermarket performance parts are rotors. It has a custom leather interior (dealer Katzkin option when purchased new) and a carbon fiber interior kit that replaces the silver highlights. Being from the Honda world, where anything goes and ugly modifications run rampant, I was skeptical about the carbon fiber thing at first. I expected the entire dash to be some ugly carbon fiber thing but it actually looks decent. The previous owner still had the silver parts so i got those back too if I get tired of it.

It drives so much different than my front wheel drive naturally aspirated Civic. The AWD and turbo make a huge difference. It feels REAL nice. The difference in power is obvious and addicting. It is very comfortable and will definitely turn into our road trip car.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the Civic. It was the first car I purchased new and know the entire history of. It has 130k miles and I expect to last to 200k+. It has modest, carefully chosen mods. Koni shocks, Eibach springs, and Mugen exhaust. Basically replacing parts with performance parts as they wear out. I likely plan on doing the same thing with the WRX, replacing with performance parts as needed.

Here are a few pics of the WRX and Civic:

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Congrats and welcome to the Club I <3 my bugeye.

The leather is cool never seen that before.

My Car is stock as well for now. I only got it a few months ago, but from what i have learned here with turbo back exhaust, catless uppipe and an engine reflash the WRX is a real hoot to drive and has mucho power and torque.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Cool Car Man I Just Got Mine About 2 Months Ago I Was Looking For That Blue But I Couldnt Find One So I Got A Silver One. But I Definatly Love It So Far

Quote Originally Posted by EJ205 View Post
    Cool Car Man I Just Got Mine About 2 Months Ago I Was Looking For That Blue But I Couldnt Find One So I Got A Silver One. But I Definatly Love It So Far
    silver looks good man

i like them in any color
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman

That's a beautiful EM you have there. I had an EP hatch a couple of years ago and have always been a fan of all si's
    I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
    Blobeye Syndicate #311

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Nice rides,enjoy the WRX.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Quote Originally Posted by EJ205 View Post
    Since I already had the similarly colored blue civic, I would have preferred a black or silver one, or even that darker red. Now that I have it though, I definitely like the color a lot. The black or silver wouldn't have stood out so much like the civic does. I feel like a speed trap magnet in these bright blue cars, but they sure do shine up nice. Thanks for the comments

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post

The leather is cool never seen that before.
    Yeah, it's pretty neat stuff. They actually find a cow, kill it, skin it, remove the hair, treat it, dye it, and wrap it around seats, asses, boots, couch's, and all kinds of stuff. The uses are limitless! God I love technology!

Oh, and to the OP, welcome to the club!

Bugeye is AT or MT?
    2002 WRB
    VF34, EDM projectors, TEIN Flex coilovers, STi RA tranny, Brembos, STi interior, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by biodtl View Post
    I feel like a speed trap magnet in these bright blue cars,
    Try driving a yellow car

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty neat stuff. They actually find a cow, kill it, skin it, remove the hair, treat it, dye it, and wrap it around seats, asses, boots, couch's, and all kinds of stuff. The uses are limitless! God I love technology!
    )
    Meh

Welcome! Nice rides!
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    Oh, and to the OP, welcome to the club!
    I find that pretty funny! I'm actually a vegetarian (/flamesuit) and generally don't like or choose leather due to personal moral reasons (lets not get into that). I do realize the benefits of leather though; durability, comfort, etc.

Oh, and thanks for the welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by broosewee View Post
    Bugeye is AT or MT?
    MT thank goodness! I would have had a hard time buying a car like this that is an AT. We would have considered it if it was an exceptional deal, but MT was a high priority.

Welcome! I'm so jealous. I wanted that year model Civic Si, SO badly when I was in high school but I couldn't afford one. I ended up driving an S2000 in college, and now an 05 STi post-grad.

However...I still wish I had the chance to own an Si! Yours seems to be in great shape for a MY2000. And I never realized how close Electron Blue was to WRB!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast