new (to me) '06 wagon, want service recommendations

This is a discussion on new (to me) '06 wagon, want service recommendations within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just picked up an 06 wagon last saturday. 34k miles. awesome car. night and day from my old xterra. I ...

Smile new (to me) '06 wagon, want service recommendations

Just picked up an 06 wagon last saturday. 34k miles. awesome car. night and day from my old xterra. I want to bring it in to a dealer to get checked out, maybe have em do 30k mile service before the warranty expires. what should i have them look at? is there anything i should have them replace?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Look in the owner's manual and make a list of the required service items. Have the dealer perform exactly those items -- no more, no less -- and ignore any "recommended items" by the dealer. Only required items from the manufacturer.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Look in the owner's manual and make a list of the required service items. Have the dealer perform exactly those items -- no more, no less -- and ignore any "recommended items" by the dealer. Only required items from the manufacturer.
    I'm approaching 30k miles in my '06 so I have to look into this as well...
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

You shouldn't have to tell them to look at anything (if it's an honest dealership....oxymoron?). Just tell them you want the 30k service on it. My '04 just had its 30k done in November. I looked at my invoice and they basically changed the tranny and brake fluid, engine coolant, engine oil/filter, air filter, fuel filter, as well as a brake and tire inspection/rotating/balancing.
    I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
    Blobeye Syndicate #311

I Support ClubWRX
    The "30K service" they sell or would love to sell may differ in fascinating ways from the 30K service required by the manufacturer. Be sure you get only the manufacturer's version unless you're feeling charitable.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    I asked my dealership about tranny fluid and they said they basically just check it and top it off if needed. Not sure if this is correct, I'll have to check the manual.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven View Post
    Not sure if this is correct, I'll have to check the manual.
    It's not correct. The manufacturer calls for replacement at 30K intervals.

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcole to the club!

I could not have said it any better ...

The "30K service" they sell or would love to sell may differ in fascinating ways from the 30K service required by the manufacturer. Be sure you get only the manufacturer's version unless you're feeling charitable.
    Charitable ... that's a good one.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics