I bought it! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on I bought it! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by jasonspeed DId you get it down to E? did it seem to go pretty quick through the ...

Quote Originally Posted by jasonspeed View Post
    DId you get it down to E? did it seem to go pretty quick through the last 1/4?
    Erm, I didn't notice. Was having too much fun driving, to be honest. I'll let ya know soon.

My girlfriend wants one now, and my buddy who drove me to chicago to pick it up want's one too.
    Yeah, my dad helped me pick up my Jeep from the dealer (I had left it there, but didn't trade it in). I let him drive the WRX back home. He loves it. Says he actually needs a pickup truck to do work at the house since he retired Friday, but now he is not so sure. He and I went and looked at an 05 WRX today for him.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bluntman View Post
    Yeah, my dad helped me pick up my Jeep from the dealer (I had left it there, but didn't trade it in). I let him drive the WRX back home. He loves it. Says he actually needs a pickup truck to do work at the house since he retired Friday, but now he is not so sure. He and I went and looked at an 05 WRX today for him.
    My dad is too stubborn. He thinks foreign cars are junk. I haven't been to my parents house yet, but I'm bringing my son up there next weekend and if he doesn't spill the beans, I think I'll remind him how much $$ he's been sinking into his old Vette.

But speaking of needing a truck, I noticed that the wagons are rated to tow up to 2000 lbs, surprise surprise. I'll have to see how heavy my toys are and maybe I can sell my pathfinder off too and put the money toward some new toys for my bugeye.

My dad is too stubborn. He thinks foreign cars are junk.
    Then be careful which Scoobys you show him. The 05 we looked at today had been screwed up by some wannabe tuner. It had stickers all over it for custom clutches and such. The center console hatch was loose, as was the entire back of the rear seat (it is a sedan). The upper grill cover had been replaced with an aluminum one with flames cut into it... In other words, it was a clueless kid's car. If my dad hadn't driven my new wagon, he'd have thought less of the entire brand.

Quote Originally Posted by bluntman View Post
    Then be careful which Scoobys you show him. The 05 we looked at today had been screwed up by some wannabe tuner. It had stickers all over it for custom clutches and such. The center console hatch was loose, as was the entire back of the rear seat (it is a sedan). The upper grill cover had been replaced with an aluminum one with flames cut into it... In other words, it was a clueless kid's car. If my dad hadn't driven my new wagon, he'd have thought less of the entire brand.
    yeah, the rule of thumb is buy one that an old guy drove. I got lucky. The only issue with mine is a small crack in the bumper, a small scratch, and some paint chipped off the front. But hopefully they'll miss it during inspection so I can get it all fixed under warranty on the cheap. And I"m kinda lucky my dad's old hobby/business is body work. He retired but he still has the hookups to get parts at cost.

Wagons FTW, Ultimate sleeper, when my buddy first got his 02 bugeye wagon I was a little spectiacal, but after a few mods and I dyno run puttin down 238whp, ately was definately impressed. and a couple simple exterior mods, wheel paint and painted headlights the thing looks beautiful. I am definately jelous now! Makes me want a subie BAD!
    Custom Aem Short Ram Intake
    Greddy SP2 Catback
    Comptech Short Shifter
    Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood
    OEM Fog Lights
    Black OEM Grille

congrads to both you you
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12