New/old 04 STi

This is a discussion on New/old 04 STi within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just another introduction with a quick :haha: (long?) introduction =P. To start, my father bought a 2004 STi when i ...

New/old 04 STi

Just another introduction with a quick :haha: (long?) introduction =P.

To start, my father bought a 2004 STi when i was in high school -i was 16, i believe- and he took me for a ride as soon as he brought it home. I remember him touching the gas on the snow packed driveway and I looked at him as almost to say "holy ****"... for lack of better wording. When we hit the pavement, I fell in love with that car.... When my father asked me if i wanted to drive, my response was "uh... uh..... no i couldnt".

I didnt get to drive the car that day.... give it a couple of days and i was more than anxious to rip on this brilliant engineering. I had been more than a car enthusiast since i was 10 years old. Well, i got the opportunity of having my SCCA veteran father show me the ropes.... it was .... sorta...... sad.... lol. Too much car for me.

Advance another couple of years (im now 20), and I have raced my dad in his own vehicle, beaten him (ehemm lost thousands against him) and won some... im talking unreliable and unsafe gmeter times. I bought myself a Cobalt SS Supercharged.

Cobalt SS (short story): i had it modified to beat an STi from a roll.... and rape STi/WRX owners that bogged from a dig. Quick car, with more suspension mods than engine w/o going into it. Sad I dont get to race my father on a track.......... One car needs to go and the STi has now been inherited to me.

So now, with the K&N short ram and Borla exhaust..... and my lucky $2000 purchase for my fathers car (my dad is over 60 and did both of those mod himself! haha!) I am wondering where I should go. Based on browsing the site, I'm leaning towards a DP and a protune.....

long story short, looking for tuning advice (as i know forums like theses get clustered), and i'm just saying "hi" with my minor, mechanical knowledge.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

btw. pics coming. just not available at this time.

welcome... waiting for pics
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club!

Sounds like your looking at some good stuff.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

Welcome! There's two paths you can take here for modding it:

Option 1: Remove the intake and put the stock one back on. Get a Cobb Accessport (AP) and a downpipe (DP) and put the stage 2 map on your ECU.
    Option 2: Buy and AP and a DP and install them and immediately take it to a shop for a protune. Cobb doesn't recommend running their standard maps with anything other than the stock intake.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading