Just Bought A 03 WRX
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25

This is a discussion on Just Bought A 03 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey everyone i think i got a pretty good deal on my car, i just bought a 2003 wrx with ...

  1. #1
    Registered User Bedhead42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    251

    Just Bought A 03 WRX

    hey everyone i think i got a pretty good deal on my car, i just bought a 2003 wrx with 65k miles on it for 11.7k (i called them and talked them down a few hundred)

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...EF:MOTORS:1123

    its got an injen intake, a koyorad radiator. up and down pipes, stage 2or3 clutch (hate that by the way) full stereo system (head unit, interior speakers, and sub) and thats about it.

    how do you think i did?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Administrator TheJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Bro do you even live in the Dirty South
    Posts
    17,802
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club!

    Not a bad deal... BUT I would be worried that with mods you know about... what has been done or abused, that you may not know about. After market radiator?... hmmm. After market clutch?.... i'm gonna guess that the previous owner wasn't some old lady that only used this car to shuttle back and forth to a place of worship onr day a week... I hope you had this car checked out by somebody independent of the dealer. If not do so now. If nothing else, for you piece of mind.

    Good luck.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:


  4. #3
    Registered User jeffmm06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    2,138
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Welcome to the club!

    Not a bad deal... BUT I would be worried that with mods you know about... what has been done or abused, that you may not know about. After market radiator?... hmmm. After market clutch?.... i'm gonna guess that the previous owner wasn't some old lady that only used this car to shuttle back and forth to a place of worship onr day a week... I hope you had this car checked out by somebody independent of the dealer. If not do so now. If nothing else, for you piece of mind.

    Good luck.
    I agree, anyone with knowledge of this car would have not put in the radiator and clutch, and that kind of intake, with the dp and up mods. They seem like a waste of money. I would for sure worry about if it was abused.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

  5. #4
    Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Santa Cruz New Mexico
    Posts
    5,741
    Aftermarket radiator=FMIC
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

  6. #5
    Registered User Bedhead42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    251
    yeah i agree, i didnt know about the mods when i bought it, it said it had an intake and an exhaust thats all. after i drove it i knew it had a clutch, and after looking in the engine bay i found the radiator (no, its not an FM). but everything works great on it, it shifts smoothe, no noises or anything. and yeah i already had it checked out by my mechanic, other than a couple corner lights burnt out everything checked out!

  7. #6
    Administrator TheJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Bro do you even live in the Dirty South
    Posts
    17,802
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Bedhead42 View Post
    ... i already had it checked out by my mechanic, other than a couple corner lights burnt out everything checked out!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:


  8. #7
    Registered User wrxlude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Your location violates our politics rule
    Posts
    19,618
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffmm06 View Post
    I would for sure worry about if it was abused.
    +1

    CARE FOR THAT CAR!!!!


    Welcome to the club, by the way!
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

  9. #8
    Registered User snowflowmfg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sonora, CA
    Posts
    1,645
    They say that is has "upgraded exhaust"
    -looks pretty stock to me. there's a -1 already.

    I hear cold air intake is BAD for our Subies...so be careful. look this up!
    I personally wouldn't buy a modded car with that many miles on it.

    If I were you i'd buy a stock one and mod it yourself. It's more fun that way! and you know what you're doing to it so you don't have to worry about what has happened to it.


    otherwise looks like its in pretty good shape...but I wouldn't recomnend it
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #116
    Dirty Crew #27

  10. #9
    Moderator   Sasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeastern PA
    Posts
    31,079
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club!

    Best of luck!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

  11. #10
    Registered User snowflowmfg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sonora, CA
    Posts
    1,645
    Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    Welcome to the club!

    Best of luck!
    +1
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #116
    Dirty Crew #27

  12. #11
    Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    oHIo
    Posts
    16,940
    I Support ClubWRX
    The price looked right.Enjoy your WRX.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

  13. #12
    Registered User 06hawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salt lake city, utah
    Posts
    2,567
    k brother i love subies and yours is no exception. Please take off the intake and get a cobb intake because you are missing the stock intake duct. Also get some engine management and a downpipe and you will have a blast...... Do you know if the transmission is stock? If it is be careful with a more aggressive clutch as these trannys are fragile. but on the good side now you have a subie and a brotherhood. this is a great place for info and alot of people on here are quite intelligent. hope for the best have fun with it and be careful!
    06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

  14. #13
    Registered User budahrocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Agoura Hills
    Posts
    0
    congrats, bugeyes ftw! definately look into an AP, or someone local who is nice and owns a tactrix cable. Just be careful when shifting, and avoid launcing and it'll last you a long time
    '02 PSM WRX stg 2
    '67 camaro (my dad's, but hopefully one day i can delete these parenthesis)

    bugeye mafia #161

  15. #14
    Registered User ALL GRIP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by 06hawkman View Post
    k brother i love subies and yours is no exception. Please take off the intake and get a cobb intake because you are missing the stock intake duct. Also get some engine management and a downpipe and you will have a blast...... Do you know if the transmission is stock? If it is be careful with a more aggressive clutch as these trannys are fragile. but on the good side now you have a subie and a brotherhood. this is a great place for info and alot of people on here are quite intelligent. hope for the best have fun with it and be careful!
    not to jack a thread this is the sort of info that can be given from experience and not just read in a rule/newbie handbook such as i've been doing since i joined this site...I've been scrolling through and noticed this post..you not only gave one person good advice here hawkman..thanx..for i to have a cold air intake which was purchased w/ the car, not knowing any better..i do have a up grade down pipe 3" w/ 3" high flow cat but the rear section is stock w/ the 2nd cat and a ricy carbon muffler canister...

    Also to the Thread Starter.. you say your not fond of your stage 3 clutch, is it too harsh..jerks? j/c I'm in process of replacing my trans ,due to 2nd blow not by me but bought that way..and wanted to upgrade in clutches...J/C.. once again Welcome , I am a Noob as well ..

  16. #15
    Registered User jasonspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Appleton, WI
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL GRIP View Post
    Also to the Thread Starter.. you say your not fond of your stage 3 clutch, is it too harsh..jerks? j/c I'm in process of replacing my trans ,due to 2nd blow not by me but bought that way..and wanted to upgrade in clutches...J/C.. once again Welcome , I am a Noob as well ..
    hmm. ON your 2nd clutch already? do you dump it often or do you generally drive it normally on the just a bit hard side of things? The reason I ask is because I'm getting an 03 WRX wagon this weekend. I don't want buyers remorse so I'm doing alot of research. Actually I've been looking for well over 2 months at just asbout everything. The only good info I"m missing is personal accounts. I'm pretty much riding on Subaru's reputation of quality.

    But welcome Subby, we'll soon be brothers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •