Just Bought A 03 WRX - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Just Bought A 03 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by jasonspeed hmm. ON your 2nd clutch already? do you dump it often or do you generally drive ...

Quote Originally Posted by jasonspeed View Post
    hmm. ON your 2nd clutch already? do you dump it often or do you generally drive it normally on the just a bit hard side of things? The reason I ask is because I'm getting an 03 WRX wagon this weekend. I don't want buyers remorse so I'm doing alot of research. Actually I've been looking for well over 2 months at just asbout everything. The only good info I"m missing is personal accounts. I'm pretty much riding on Subaru's reputation of quality.

But welcome Subby, we'll soon be brothers
    sorry bro but you mis read my statement, I said my car was purchased w/ a blown trans.. and when i replace the tranny i want to replace the clutch as well, but thought about upgrading to a stronger clutch.. going threw this thread , i read that he wasn't too happy w/ driving his car w/ a stage3 clutch.. it was a question to the thread starter..from me.
    to be honest w/ you jason , I've never driven nor ridden in a WRX before in my LIFE, I just bought mine and fell in love with her,I have always wanted one since production, but if you look at my threads in the newbie section..I too am trying to learn a lil bit about WRXs' but no I baby my cars & If i wanna go really fast I drive my Honda...lol....
    sorry i couldn't give you any personal experiences w/ my newly purchased /undriven by me thus far WRX...but I had to clarify your statement...sorry to bust the thread up again ...back on track to the original poster's WRX...
    Yeah its Stock!..
    TeamDOHC.ORG/forums
    To all the hackers out there..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

looks good man, and if its what you wanted and your happy thats all that matters
    Custom Aem Short Ram Intake
    Greddy SP2 Catback
    Comptech Short Shifter
    Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood
    OEM Fog Lights
    Black OEM Grille

Quote Originally Posted by snowflowmfg View Post
    They say that is has "upgraded exhaust"
    -looks pretty stock to me. there's a -1 already.

I hear cold air intake is BAD for our Subies...so be careful. look this up!
    I personally wouldn't buy a modded car with that many miles on it.

If I were you i'd buy a stock one and mod it yourself. It's more fun that way! and you know what you're doing to it so you don't have to worry about what has happened to it.

otherwise looks like its in pretty good shape...but I wouldn't recomnend it
    it has up and down pipes with the stock cat back.

Quote Originally Posted by 06hawkman View Post
    k brother i love subies and yours is no exception. Please take off the intake and get a cobb intake because you are missing the stock intake duct. Also get some engine management and a downpipe and you will have a blast...... Do you know if the transmission is stock? If it is be careful with a more aggressive clutch as these trannys are fragile. but on the good side now you have a subie and a brotherhood. this is a great place for info and alot of people on here are quite intelligent. hope for the best have fun with it and be careful!
    i agree it could use some EM but it already has a down pipe and an up pipe, other than what i have said i have no idea what else is upgraded on the car.

thanks for the welcoming everybody!!

Quote Originally Posted by ALL GRIP View Post
    not to jack a thread this is the sort of info that can be given from experience and not just read in a rule/newbie handbook such as i've been doing since i joined this site...I've been scrolling through and noticed this post..you not only gave one person good advice here hawkman..thanx..for i to have a cold air intake which was purchased w/ the car, not knowing any better..i do have a up grade down pipe 3" w/ 3" high flow cat but the rear section is stock w/ the 2nd cat and a ricy carbon muffler canister...

Also to the Thread Starter.. you say your not fond of your stage 3 clutch, is it too harsh..jerks? j/c I'm in process of replacing my trans ,due to 2nd blow not by me but bought that way..and wanted to upgrade in clutches...J/C.. once again Welcome , I am a Noob as well ..
    i am by NO means a newbie to driving a manual transmition car and the stage 3 clutch makes it VERY hard to be soothe, it is pretty much like an on off switch. thats the best i can describe it.

Quote Originally Posted by budahrocket View Post
    congrats, bugeyes ftw! definately look into an AP, or someone local who is nice and owns a tactrix cable. Just be careful when shifting, and avoid launcing and it'll last you a long time

Whats AP?

and i have another question, i have the stock boost gauge and whats MPa? I have heard of psi and bar but i have no idea how much pressure MPa is. what should i be pushing?

Quote Originally Posted by Bedhead42 View Post
    and i have another question, i have the stock boost gauge and whats MPa? I have heard of psi and bar but i have no idea how much pressure MPa is. what should i be pushing?
    Theres a thread that addresses that. MPa is pascals, if you remember that from physics.
    Here:
    How To Read A Boost Gauge?

Quote Originally Posted by jasonspeed View Post
    Theres a thread that addresses that. MPa is pascals, if you remember that from physics.
    Here:
    How To Read A Boost Gauge?
    ahh gotcha, thank you so much, that helps a bunch!

i am by NO means a newbie to driving a manual transmition car and the stage 3 clutch makes it VERY hard to be soothe, it is pretty much like an on off switch. thats the best i can describe it.
    Not sayinyg you were a Noob at driving a Manual trans. ....
    You just joined this site as I did and you too are learning about WRXs , WHICH makes you a Noob..

maybe its my fault for the run on sentence, English was my strong point..

but as you say the stage 3 clutch is like turning on /off a switch, like there is no gradual take off ,so to speak? no soft spot, just straight grabs/snatches...

"I don't want that if thats how it is" ..was what i was getting at, I want to daily my car w/ family and wife.. so no stage 3 for me.. thanx for the helpful info..
    Yeah its Stock!..
    TeamDOHC.ORG/forums
    To all the hackers out there..

Quote Originally Posted by ALL GRIP View Post
    Not sayinyg you were a Noob at driving a Manual trans. ....
    You just joined this site as I did and you too are learning about WRXs , WHICH makes you a Noob..

maybe its my fault for the run on sentence, English was my strong point..

but as you say the stage 3 clutch is like turning on /off a switch, like there is no gradual take off ,so to speak? no soft spot, just straight grabs/snatches...

"I don't want that if thats how it is" ..was what i was getting at, I want to daily my car w/ family and wife.. so no stage 3 for me.. thanx for the helpful info..
    yeah no worries man i was just trying to reiterate the fact that i know how to drive stick haha

but yeah there is a littttle soft spot but not much, you have to nail it exactly to only get a slight jump. so yeah i wouldn't recommend it.

Whats AP?
    AP= cobb tuning Access Port, its used to load maps onto your ecu, one of the more popular choices for EM (engine management). Search for it, there is on the side of hundreds of posts about them.
    '02 PSM WRX stg 2
    '67 camaro (my dad's, but hopefully one day i can delete these parenthesis)

bugeye mafia #161

I Support ClubWRX
    Please take some time to explore the "answers" link in my signature.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12