Doing Some Research Before I Buy.

This is a discussion on Doing Some Research Before I Buy. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Do all year models of WRXs require the use of premium octane? I like the ideal of an awd turbo ...

Doing Some Research Before I Buy.

Do all year models of WRXs require the use of premium octane? I like the ideal of an awd turbo but with gas hitting the 3.20 mark up here, having to buy 91 or 93 octane is a big turnoff.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jkirk79 View Post
    Do all year models of WRXs require the use of premium octane? I like the ideal of an awd turbo but with gas hitting the 3.20 mark up here, having to buy 91 or 93 octane is a big turnoff.
    premium for turbo cars.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Usually Premium is like 10-20 cents more then regular, when gas is 3 bucks a gallon, it is really not that much more. So on a 300 mile trip, it's like $2.50-1.25, IMHO that's totally worth it for the fun and performance this car can give, and heck it's AWD too, so in the winter it's STILL a blast to drive...

I Support ClubWRX
    > or = to 91 octane only. Yes, it's more expensive, but I don't consider it a significant expense, personally. Do the math and estimate how many extra dollars it will cost you per year.

For me, assuming it's $0.20/gallon extra for 91 over 87 and driving 12,000 miles per year with an average 25mpg, it's less than $100 per year difference.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    premium for turbo cars.
    yup, yup! Well worth it too!
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

gas is expensive for all octanes, like already said, the .20 raise will only cost you a few more dollars to fill up. Burn premium, your car wont hate you.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

I agree with you guys. If I am doing the math right, at an average of .20 per gallon more, you can say you only see a 20% increase to what I would be spending on 87 octane? Right? If that is right, then comparing a car, any one that runs on 87 and gets say 20mpg city and a WRX that runs on 91 and gets 20mpg city, comparing those 2 vehicles, the WRX then isn't really getting a fair 20mpg. Couldn't you say, in this instance, it is closer to 16mpg in this comparison right? Just something to think about.

The only problem with your logic being a .20 increase in price is only about 6.6% more (consisering it is $3 a gallon) so its more like 19.2 mpg, which is not quite so bad

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    suck it up or buy a yaris!

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Although the price difference is not significant even when stretched over many thousands of miles, it is still appalling (I'm being generous) that the Impreza, Subaru's entry-level car in a major market (the US) gets such low gas mileage. For a firm that seems to pride itself on technology and environmental responsibility, Subaru could -- and should -- do a lot better.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Although the price difference is not significant even when stretched over many thousands of miles, it is still appalling (I'm being generous) that the Impreza, Subaru's entry-level car in a major market (the US) gets such low gas mileage. For a firm that seems to pride itself on technology and environmental responsibility, Subaru could -- and should -- do a lot better.
    I think the Impreza's mileage is just OK - I mean, it is a heavy, safe car with AWD and still gets around 30mpg on the highway. The new diesel boxer will hopefully end up in the Impreza and improve things.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    I think the Impreza's mileage is just OK - I mean, it is a heavy, safe car with AWD and still gets around 30mpg on the highway. The new diesel boxer will hopefully end up in the Impreza and improve things.
    +1
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red