Hey sup guys
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Hey sup guys within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey guys im new here... got my 03 wrx back in nov 06 ... just wanted to introduce myself and ...

Hey sup guys

hey guys im new here... got my 03 wrx back in nov 06 ... just wanted to introduce myself and ask a few questions.
    1. im buying a clutch , im going stage 2 what brand?
    2. im getting a blitz exhaust(nur spec r) is it a good one?
    3. should i get an intake before a down and up pipe
    4. do new headers help performance a lot?

thanks,
    Josh aka fox

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by fox2202 View Post
    hey guys im new here... got my 03 wrx back in nov 06 ... just wanted to introduce myself and ask a few questions.

thanks,
    Josh aka fox
    welcome to the club, are u buying the clutch cause ur current clutch is worn out? if its still good save the money and get an AP, people say intakes arnt good for our cars but i have an spt on my 07 and i love the way it sounds.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #898Military Milita #898

AP stage 2 93 oct. maddad DP. SPT short ram intake,SPT intake heat shield,HKS carbon fiber catback,boost,MAF,volt gauges,STI springs, pioneer flip screen headunit, polk audio speakers, vortex generator,STI wing,rally armor UR flaps

Quote Originally Posted by wunderboy987 View Post
    welcome to the club, are u buying the clutch cause ur current clutch is worn out? if its still good save the money and get an AP, people say intakes arnt good for our cars but i have an spt on my 07 and i love the way it sounds.
    SPT is a short ram, CAI's are what people advise against using...
    I think equal length headers yield about 10hp, but dont quote me on that its been a long time since i read it, could be wrong. Just make sure you have engine management when you do these mods..

oh and welcome.
    2004 WRB WRX Stage2+ << SOLD
    2004 PSM STi << FOR SALE
    Blobeye Syndicate # 32
    Dirty Crew # 32
    Quote Originally Posted by RealDealTarheel View Post
    They're usually way too busy popping their BOV's at me anyways. If I put an anti-neon sign on my FMIC I'd really never get to grocery shop in peace.

yea my clutch is worn out slippin in all gears ...lol
    do you recommend the cobb accessport???
    is it a good management sys??

thanks,
    Josh aka fox
    What up Joshy. Welcome to da subaru world. Here are some of your Q answered:
    1)Exedy and ACT make great clutches. I think exedy clutches are a little stiffer
    2)Blitz nur spec is a good exhaust. It is pretty loud. Any subaru exhuast you get will really sound good. Its hard to make a subaru sound aweful. I have 2 exhuasts. an HKS hi power and a customer made 3 inch straight pipe
    3) As far as the intake i would get all exhuast first. So get a downpipe and a catback to start off then work your way to the up pipe and finish it off with an intake. Id prob go with a short ram intake.
    4) Headers do not really improve HP that much. There are two kinds of headers for subarus:
    Equal length=Adds some HP but at the same time you loose that subaru sound. You wrx will now sound similair to another 2.0 liter engine such as rsx etc
    unequal length- your performance gains will be minimal to none. The aftermarket unequal length are more of a exhuast note mod. It will make your exhaust deeper.

If you have any other questions feel free to pm me or ask
    Later and welcome to the club
    Sincerely
    -Daniel
    Previous owner of Rubie a 2005 WRX
    New owner of Molly a 2009 WRX
    Rally armor UR FTW/Red tail light mod w/insert
    **Catback in 2 months!

thanks,
    Josh aka fox
    welcome to the club!

1: no idea. I've heard Act and Exedy are good.
    2:yes
    3:if you must get a intake, make sure it's a SRI. (SPT, Cobb, K&N) won't make as much of a difference as a DP or UP would. (power wise)
    4:couple threads about this. Not as cheap as most people think. $500-1k.

The Cobb AP is good if you plan on staying stage 2 or within its guidelines. If you have all your parts in order you could save up and get a protune to extract the most from your mods.

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club Josh!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

what management systems??? what is protune??? i dont know much about stuff like that... whats the best tune for the money???

I Support ClubWRX
    what management systems??? what is protune??? i dont know much about stuff like that... whats the best tune for the money???
    Cobb Accessport. Read on: Tuning: Electronic Engine Management
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club!!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

i read that the cobb is good but if i start adding turbos what do i do... do i have to take it to a shop , and will it need to be taken to the shop just to tune for the full exhaust??? someone explain

i also saw the turboxs ecu... is this worth having if im going to seriously mod the car??? like fuel pumps injectors, hoses, intakes etc? i like the versatility of it better than the cobb one... is it worth the money???

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    i read that the cobb is good but if i start adding turbos what do i do... do i have to take it to a shop , and will it need to be taken to the shop just to tune for the full exhaust??? someone explain
    cobb is the way to go, you do not need the protune for a full exhaust but it will help if you add more mods.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.