Check her out...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Check her out... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi. I'm relatively new in this forum. Used to be a die-hard Honda fan before the boxer rumble won me ...

Check her out...

Hi. I'm relatively new in this forum. Used to be a die-hard Honda fan before the boxer rumble won me over. Different car, different tuner culture, but I'm liking it a lot.

I've noticed that Subaru owners abhor anything "ricey" and prefer to keep their rides relatively stock looking.

I'm thinking of going with a real clean lip or even an APR splitter. I do have a roof vein spoiler and 06 tail lamps. Any suggestions a nice front lip? Otherwise I think the exterior is going to stay pretty stock.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails l_9d161cba91d05132c4a08722d9f42eb6.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

Banned
    nice car man

cool car!

go with a replica sti front lip. they look nice and clean. also about the roof spoiler, how hard was it to install and did you have to drill into the body?
    My Myspace
    Wingl3ss @lliance #6

MODS:VF39 Turbo, 650cc DW injectors, SSAC FMIC, Cobb Short Ram Intake, GFB StealthFX Hybrid, NGK One-Step-Colder Plugs, Walbro Fuel Pump, Perrin Up-pipe, TurboXS 3" TBE Catless, Blitz SBC-id 3, Protune by Mead Engineering.

I love STi's.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Shekina View Post
    also about the roof spoiler, how hard was it to install and did you have to drill into the body?

From subarugenuineparts.com
    https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/p...roducts_id=941

STI Rear Wing Vane Diffuser
    $351.52

STI Rear Wing Diffuser Model Add this item to your Impreza for sporty look.

Drilling/custom fit required to install. This is not a bolt on item. Kit includes spoiler, end pieces (prepainted) hardware needed to install

This is a factory painted piece - select color from the drop down menu

Custom Special Ordered item - all sales are final - please be 100% certain before placing your order

Oversize 1 shipping rates apply

Yeah I really like the STi V lips. I'll probably end up taking that route.

Regarding the roof vane spoiler, it was already on there when i bought it second hand. So I don't know how much work it would take. But I wouldn't try it myself if I had to. But I'm sure there are plenty of people who are more experienced with drilling hole in their body panels who would!

Here's a picture of the spoiler on my 05. I think they look real good on the pre-06/07s.

Quote Originally Posted by Shekina View Post
    go with a replica sti front lip. they look nice and clean. also about the roof spoiler, how hard was it to install and did you have to drill into the body?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails l_6af5c4a2951028b6fc53881923e0a237.jpg  

love the car looks real clean

I Support ClubWRX

Diy

You can DIY a splitter very effectively; this is very popular to do among people that need a splitter but also often go off the stage or track, ruining their splitter. Either get under the car with some cardboard and a pencil and have at it, generating a template that you can then use to cut out thin wood laminate painted black (make a bunch, you may need spares) or find someone with an expensive aftermarket splitter, knock them unconscious, and use their splitter as a template to make yours.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

welcome to the club
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Thanks for the warm welcome and suggestions. I look forward to wasting (contributing to the WRX/STi community) many hours while at work on this site!

Welcome to the club! Nice front mount...

Looks Great!
    Custom Aem Short Ram Intake
    Greddy SP2 Catback
    Comptech Short Shifter
    Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood
    OEM Fog Lights
    Black OEM Grille

LOOKS GREAT! 04/05 love man! I LOVE THE ROOF SPOILER
    Previous owner of Rubie a 2005 WRX
    New owner of Molly a 2009 WRX
    Rally armor UR FTW/Red tail light mod w/insert
    **Catback in 2 months!