New to the site and New to Subbie World!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New to the site and New to Subbie World! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Whats up peoples? Yes as it states I am a true virgin. but unfortunatley my recently purchased WRX was purchased ...

Thumbs up New to the site and New to Subbie World!

Whats up peoples?
    Yes as it states I am a true virgin. but unfortunatley my recently purchased WRX was purchased w/ a busted tranny, 2nd gear to be specific.. & YES I am in the market for a good trans and from some of the things i hear of the 02" WRX, is that the drive train isn't the best/strongest...I'm not looking to Super MOD my car by far , just want it to be reliable/dependable for me the wife and kid..
    I must say I am a Honda enthusiast/lover @ heart...which is what i've owned and stood by most my life ..currently own a 97 EK hatch built and boosted but untunned, looking to achieve 450-500 hp to the wheel w/ a gt40 blowzilla turbo..
    But back on track I've always loved the WRX's appearance and the sound, and have long for one for some time..I have found my deal and now want to explore a lil ...

Date of purchase of the 02" WRX was 1/18/08...last night..lol
    Mods purchased with are:
    -NEX full coilover suspension

-also came w/ Tein springs also factory springs

-3" down pipe to unversal 3" cat to a Vibrant muffler(looks ricy in my opinion)

-egt in the upstream but no egt gauge,will more then likely replace it w/ a stock o2..any ideas?

-cold air intake which goes into the pass.fender...( is this safe?) will this lean the engine under boost? would i need to install a bypass for h2o?

-all upgrade couplers

- sti shift knob..lol is this a mod...j/k

-indash flip out tv..kind of ragedy (autobahn) and some other brand...also came w/ stock 6 disc.

-viper alarm system

that about wraps it up for my intro...hope to gain plenty of knowledge through this site. ..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club!

Please take some time to explore the "answers..." link in my signature.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Welcome to the club!

Please take some time to explore the "answers..." link in my signature.
    wow alot of useful info...will have to grab a bag of popcorn and get to reading til my eye balls dry out.

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL GRIP View Post
    wow alot of useful info...will have to grab a bag of popcorn and get to reading til my eye balls dry out.
    yah Search will be your a good friend here.

WELCOME To the CLUB! Congrats on your First Subaru. Hope you enjoy your time here with us, We're Def. a Great bunch of people. You'll find lots of great/Useful information on here too!

Good luck with your Subie.
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

hey welcome....i jus purchased a 03 on the 17th..lol....i was in the honda game as well....owned a 94 gsr with a ls/vtec swap it was boosted also...this is all new to me haha

Banned
    We get lots of honda converts in these parts

I would look into an upgarded gear set. I have been hearing good things about the legacy gear set. wider and stronger. Have fun with the mods.

A long adthat doesn't involve under body lighting LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Not-EWRX View Post
    We get lots of honda converts in these parts

I would look into an upgarded gear set. I have been hearing good things about the legacy gear set. wider and stronger. Have fun with the mods.

A long adthat doesn't involve under body lighting LOL
    yeah def. looking for something that will be stronger, I have a friend that has a 02" w/ a 04" trans . .he says the gearing is much stronger then the gearing in the 02, he is actually supposed to be selling the trans. to me so he can upgrade to sti...haven't herd anything yet..
    fun w/ the MODS? whats up , something i should know..lol
    Quote Originally Posted by k20utah View Post
    hey welcome....i jus purchased a 03 on the 17th..lol....i was in the honda game as well....owned a 94 gsr with a ls/vtec swap it was boosted also...this is all new to me haha
    we're in the same boat my friend...except your WRX is probably up and running strong..lol I'm still trying to find a good deal on a trans..I just hope this car lasts me as long as i take care of it , hope it doesn't break my wallet either...g/l with your new ownership as well..
    Quote Originally Posted by 03WRX_YELLOW View Post
    yah Search will be your a good friend here.

WELCOME To the CLUB! Congrats on your First Subaru. Hope you enjoy your time here with us, We're Def. a Great bunch of people. You'll find lots of great/Useful information on here too!

Good luck with your Subie.
    yeah I'm finding that out on the Searching..lol
    glad this forum is easy to navigate around..and thanx for Such a WARM WELCOME..

Welcome to the club! Enjoy!

Hello and welcome to the club
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    Hello and welcome to the club
    well thank you..have enjoyed thus far..

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.