New members from PA

This is a discussion on New members from PA within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, I just totaled my mustang, RWD fishtailing beast that it was, I thought she looked better around a ...

New members from PA

Hey guys,

I just totaled my mustang, RWD fishtailing beast that it was, I thought she looked better around a pole. Anyways, Im about to buy an 02 automatic impreza wrx with 62k miles for $11.5k from a dealer.

I know a tad bit about subarus, basically just the great reviews I've read online and from what friends say. The dealer I am getting it from is trying to sell me a $1200 2year/24k mile warranty. Think its worth it? Im thinking basically most cars have that 70k mile service which requires alot of maintenance cost, but subarus do this around 110k miles (from what I'm told.) The question is, would you get it? Im thinking no, but I really dont know.

Also, any good links on some basic info on them? Are there any things I should really keep an eye on besides changing the oil out every 3k miles, etc? Last question, is regular gas okay or should I go with premium? I seem to be getting mixed responses from people I asked, so I thought Id ask here.

Anyways, thanks for any info, responses and/or help.

Scott

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by scottmcg86 View Post
    Hey guys,

I just totaled my mustang, RWD fishtailing beast that it was, I thought she looked better around a pole. Anyways, Im about to buy an 02 automatic impreza wrx with 62k miles for $11.5k from a dealer.

I know a tad bit about subarus, basically just the great reviews I've read online and from what friends say. The dealer I am getting it from is trying to sell me a $1200 2year/24k mile warranty. Think its worth it? Im thinking basically most cars have that 70k mile service which requires alot of maintenance cost, but subarus do this around 110k miles (from what I'm told.) The question is, would you get it? Im thinking no, but I really dont know.

Also, any good links on some basic info on them? Are there any things I should really keep an eye on besides changing the oil out every 3k miles, etc? Last question, is regular gas okay or should I go with premium? I seem to be getting mixed responses from people I asked, so I thought Id ask here.

Anyways, thanks for any info, responses and/or help.

Scott
    Welcome to the club
    use premium fuel only and I never buy extended warranties thats just how I was raised by my dad and it has never backfired on me.
    Are you sure you want an AUTO?? the manual is soo much more fun
    2004 PSM WRX VF39'd and loving it.
    1979 Camaro Z28 383 stroker
    1993 Silverado 6.5 TD "Old Smokey"
    1974 Honda CB750 cafe racer project
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88
    "In art, as in love, instinct is enough."

Quote Originally Posted by ZACK777 View Post
    Welcome to the club
    use premium fuel only and I never buy extended warranties thats just how I was raised by my dad and it has never backfired on me.
    Are you sure you want an AUTO?? the manual is soo much more fun
    Im terrible at manual, I think I lack the coordination, haha. I prefer an auto, will the car really feel that much slower? I had a v6 mustang auto as well, that was 193 hp and this is 227 hp or whatever, Im thinking I have to at least notice an upgrade there.

Im terrible at manual, I think I lack the coordination, haha. I prefer an auto, will the car really feel that much slower? I had a v6 mustang auto as well, that was 193 hp and this is 227 hp or whatever, Im thinking I have to at least notice an upgrade there.
    the WRX is so much more car than a V6 mustang, I have never driven an AUTO WRX but I imagine the power is very similar, you have more control over the car with a manual, imo. You wont be dissapointed with the performace especially with a few mods.
    2004 PSM WRX VF39'd and loving it.
    1979 Camaro Z28 383 stroker
    1993 Silverado 6.5 TD "Old Smokey"
    1974 Honda CB750 cafe racer project
    blObeye SYNDICATE #88
    "In art, as in love, instinct is enough."

Update... bought the car today. She drives amazing, I am very pleased. If anyone cares, here is the sales ad:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...000&cardist=14

Update... bought the car today. She drives amazing, I am very pleased. If anyone cares, here is the sales ad:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...000&cardist=14
    Welcome to the club.

I actually got my '02 psm wrx at kennedy too about a year ago. Mines a manual. We got my gf's 07 legacy there too. They are a great dealership.

Where are u from?

if u went to kennedy, im guessing u deal with the traffic in the area, so a auto might be good since ure not good at a manual. There are many days i wish i had an auto.. but that cause I live in philly and traffic is always a bear!

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice! She looks like my first WRX.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by JaredRS View Post
    Welcome to the club.

I actually got my '02 psm wrx at kennedy too about a year ago. Mines a manual. We got my gf's 07 legacy there too. They are a great dealership.

Where are u from?

if u went to kennedy, im guessing u deal with the traffic in the area, so a auto might be good since ure not good at a manual. There are many days i wish i had an auto.. but that cause I live in philly and traffic is always a bear!
    I live in Chalfont, but Im mainly in the Bensalem area due to work/school. Honestly, I thought Kennedy was HORRIBLE, their service was ridiculous. I felt like they didnt even want to sell me the car. I only stuck it out because they offered such a low price for this car, makes me wonder if something is wrong other than just the few chips/scratches, although thats probably normal since its an 02. They claim they put $657 in repairs in before it went out on the lot, and I ended up getting the warranty because my parents talked me into it, Im happy with the car overall though.

Kinda broke to do any mods right now, I want to get the windows tinted, then maybe a upipe and that Cobb device I see everyone talk about here.

Hello and welcome to the club
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING