Questions for the 04-05 owners - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Questions for the 04-05 owners within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; first off 15k for a k swap?? where did you come up with that? if your speaking of a reliable ...

mmmmm budget

first off 15k for a k swap?? where did you come up with that?
    if your speaking of a reliable fast car a wrx isnt your route to go.i dont know what everyones definition of fast is but... after buying my 05 for 23k.then a vf34 and supporting mods brought me to about 27k.i did like 334whp and my best run was a 12.6.oh and after that throw in another 4k for a transmission.i know subarus and i know hondas.and if you are on any sort of budget a wrx is not the way t go.it take some money to go fast then when you go fast your tranny explodes.my play car the one i just put cheap parts on and have fun is a 89 crx.with a ls motor and EBAY turbo it did a 13.1.so its a half a second slower than the wrx but i also only have 3500 in the car.visit k20a.org and peep around b4 you make a decision
    silly peguin. pointless wings are for ricers!
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy silver View Post
    heard there is an ecu out thats like the hondata but for subbys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 05wrx4U2nv View Post
    first off 15k for a k swap?? where did you come up with that?
    if your speaking of a reliable fast car a wrx isnt your route to go.i dont know what everyones definition of fast is but... after buying my 05 for 23k.then a vf34 and supporting mods brought me to about 27k.i did like 334whp and my best run was a 12.6.oh and after that throw in another 4k for a transmission.i know subarus and i know hondas.and if you are on any sort of budget a wrx is not the way t go.it take some money to go fast then when you go fast your tranny explodes.my play car the one i just put cheap parts on and have fun is a 89 crx.with a ls motor and EBAY turbo it did a 13.1.so its a half a second slower than the wrx but i also only have 3500 in the car.visit k20a.org and peep around b4 you make a decision
    Nobody doubts that Hondas can be fast for cheap...I know you are comparing fast to fast. However comparing driveability of a Honda to a Subaru is like apples and oranges.

But yeah, if people aren't careful, you get into Tranny issues in WRXs...but once you swap in an STI or PPGs...you will have a car that now can handle enough power to blow almost any Honda out of the water (obviously not ones built by above-average enthusiasts of course).

My cousin put about $3000 into a CRX, including the car itself and it ran low 13's...my guilty pleasure has always been wanting a CRX, drop a K-series or an H22 into it and throw a T3/T4 on it
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    However comparing driveability of a Honda to a Subaru is like apples and oranges.

But yeah, if people aren't careful, you get into Tranny issues in WRXs...but once you swap in an STI or PPGs...you will have a car that now can handle enough power to blow almost any Honda out of the water :
    i dont want to argue but...

the sti or ppgs is another 4k like i said b4.driveability you lost me on.after all honda is the most dependable manufacturer in the world.remember i love both so im not bashing its just the wrx isnt the first thing that comes to mind when theres a sentence with fast and budget in it.

Quote Originally Posted by 05wrx4U2nv View Post
    i dont want to argue but...

the sti or ppgs is another 4k like i said b4.driveability you lost me on.after all honda is the most dependable manufacturer in the world.remember i love both so im not bashing its just the wrx isnt the first thing that comes to mind when theres a sentence with fast and budget in it.
    Oh I don't want to argue either. I wasn't trying to, sorry if it came off as that. People around here will bash Hondas as ricers, and no power, etc etc etc...I was trying to be on both sides as well. I used to own an Integra and would still own it if it had never gotten stolen

I loved that car and had about $3k invested in that years ago...but you are completely right: you can't beat Honda's reliability, especially for the cost of maintenance and repairs. But like you said...there is very little that comes to mind with fast/budget mentioned together, other than CRX

By Driveability, I meant handling, road feel, AWD, bad weather performance, and things like that...getting power to the ground and safety from the AWD is Subaru's forte.

But then again, Hondas aren't so bad there either, especially for weight and with additions of simple mods. I threw Ground Control Coilovers over some Tokico Blue Struts with Yokohama Avid rubber and my car was 3 inches off the ground. It handled 5x as good as my STI does now
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    But then again, Hondas aren't so bad there either, especially for weight and with additions of simple mods. I threw Ground Control Coilovers over some Tokico Blue Struts with Yokohama Avid rubber and my car was 3 inches off the ground. It handled 5x as good.
    +1 with my Civic.
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

true true.i guess this comes to an end......

Thanks for the input, it seems this car might suit me good from
    what you all are telling me. I dont plan on thrashing the tranny im a
    good shifter, I just dont want to pound on it launching. Another question: you said with a VF34 turbo and supporting mods you went a 12.6 thats pretty fast man. You guys are forgetting what my daily driver is haha. I think going from just about a 16 sec car to a 13-14 sec is a heck of a leap. I seriously cant wait because I am so ready. I think the 06 style might be catching on to me but im really leaning towards the 05. Oh one more thing I was unsure of was the difference in the 06-07 WRX and the WRX TR. I am assuming its a different package but was hoping you guys could clear that up

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    TR is "tuner ready" - meaning... no options. go google or search this site and you will see the differences..
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by 2K4ex View Post
    I think going from just about a 16 sec car to a 13-14 sec is a heck of a leap. I seriously cant wait because I am so ready.
    its never enough.you will be amused with 13s for about a month.you will get addicted.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.