new wrx owner

This is a discussion on new wrx owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys... I just bought an 02 wrx about a month-ish ago and thought id just introduce myself. Cars ive ...

new wrx owner

Hey guys...

I just bought an 02 wrx about a month-ish ago and thought id just introduce myself.

Cars ive owned (In order)-

2000 Toyota Camry
    1999 Dodge Durango
    1996 BMW 328is (hit a curb too hard, destroyed suspension )

I run autocross with the local clubs around north carolina. Triad Autocross club, and CCR.

I have about 800 bucks to spare and I was wondering what would be some first good mods that would be suggested since i am VERY new to the subaru field. I was thinkin SPt Intake/Exhaust but who knows...

i mean... on the bmw I had- Intake, Dinan Stage II software, Zimmerman Rotors, Hawk Performance pads, short shifter, and the 17" m3 wheels. (I loved that car )

but oh well... parents wouldnt let me get another bmw, and since they are taking out the loan that im paying, they had some say in what i got.

anywho... here are a couple pictures of my new whip.
    2002 Subaru WRX 5spd

17x7.5 BBS Gold - Turbo XS Up-Pipe - 255L Walbro Fuel Pump - 2.5" Catback straight pipe - COBB Stage II - Falken Azenis Tires - Hawk HPS Plus pads - K&N Drop-In - Gutted Intake Resonator - Turbo XS Type-H BOV - Perrin Rear Sway Bar - JDM Bugeye STi suspension

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouncing_Soulz
    I have about 800 bucks to spare and I was wondering what would be some first good mods that would be suggested since i am VERY new to the subaru field.
    Cobb AccessPORT and ERZ downpipe
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Bouncing_Soulz View Post
    ... parents wouldnt let me get another bmw, and since they are taking out the loan that im paying, they had some say in what i got.

I hate it when my parents won't buy me ANOTHER bmw...

I no see the pics
    If you need assitance with posting pics, click the "answers" link in my signature for help.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Welcome to the club
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

sorry... i forgot that the picture had to be resized to fit on here.

there yah go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails subi.JPG  
    2002 Subaru WRX 5spd

17x7.5 BBS Gold - Turbo XS Up-Pipe - 255L Walbro Fuel Pump - 2.5" Catback straight pipe - COBB Stage II - Falken Azenis Tires - Hawk HPS Plus pads - K&N Drop-In - Gutted Intake Resonator - Turbo XS Type-H BOV - Perrin Rear Sway Bar - JDM Bugeye STi suspension

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    I hate it when my parents won't buy me ANOTHER bmw...

just fyi, the only car that I was given was my Camry. Everything else I paid for. I paid 9k for the Durango, traded the durango (6000 as trade) + $1000 Cash for the BMW (the bmw was only 7 grand) . Sold the wrecked bmw for 1100, had 1500 saved up and put 2600 down on the subi and now i have $240 a month payments... so just fyi parents havent paid for anything except the original 16 year old first car camry
    2002 Subaru WRX 5spd

If you are going to autocross a new set of tires would probably be the best way to spend your money. If you already have a good set on their you could either do some suspension work (spings + sway bars).Or you could go the power route with the cobb accessport and down pipe as earlier mentioned.

now i am a member

I had registered on this form a few months ago just for fun to see what people were saying. As of 8 days ago I have been the very proud and happy owner of a 2008 rally blue WRX sedan. Thanks to what I had read on this forum and what I had seen and driven I have found the car of my dreams. The power is immense but still is obviously being choked back. I canít wait to unleash the beast. I am planning to add a Cobb access port and full turbo-back exhaust in time.

previous whip:
    Toyota Celica GT-S

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouncing_Soulz View Post
    Hey guys...

I just bought an 02 wrx about a month-ish ago and thought id just introduce myself.

Cars ive owned (In order)-

2000 Toyota Camry
    1999 Dodge Durango
    1996 BMW 328is (hit a curb too hard, destroyed suspension )

I run autocross with the local clubs around north carolina. Triad Autocross club, and CCR.

I have about 800 bucks to spare and I was wondering what would be some first good mods that would be suggested since i am VERY new to the subaru field. I was thinkin SPt Intake/Exhaust but who knows...

i mean... on the bmw I had- Intake, Dinan Stage II software, Zimmerman Rotors, Hawk Performance pads, short shifter, and the 17" m3 wheels. (I loved that car )

but oh well... parents wouldnt let me get another bmw, and since they are taking out the loan that im paying, they had some say in what i got.

Welcome and don't let the abilities of AWD fool you. Curbs have no biasas

Quote Originally Posted by lwlpunk View Post
    I had registered on this form a few months ago just for fun to see what people were saying. As of 8 days ago I have been the very proud and happy owner of a 2008 rally blue WRX sedan. Thanks to what I had read on this forum and what I had seen and driven I have found the car of my dreams. The power is immense but still is obviously being choked back. I canít wait to unleash the beast. I am planning to add a Cobb access port and full turbo-back exhaust in time.

previous whip:
    Toyota Celica GT-S
    Welcome also. Feel free to start your own introduction thread as well With pics

now this Cobb access port...

it says estimated gains for 02-05 wrx's are 33hp and 40tq.

is that right? thats intense.

I had superchips on my Durango and didnt get those kinds of gains, and from what it looks like it just adjusts air/fuel and remaps and optimizes for 93 octane (which is what ive run in every car) which is exactly what superchips does.

anyone had experiance and like to share stories?

also, the erz downpipe does that work well with the programmer?
    2002 Subaru WRX 5spd