please help ! just got a '03 subie wrx !

This is a discussion on please help ! just got a '03 subie wrx ! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i need suggestions for first mods or aim me please aim= sourD243...

Red face please help ! just got a '03 subie wrx !

i need suggestions for first mods

or aim me please

aim= sourD243

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboieee View Post

or aim me please

aim= sourD243
    Turboback Exhaust, Downpipe, Uppipe, Engine Management 40+ horse/torque.

Lighter, Wider, Stronger Wheels
    Wider, stickier rubber
    Sway Bars + Endlinks + Springs
    Subie 4pot brakes + better pads + maybe rotors

Then go fast mods.
    2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
    Prodrive addict...

Very broad question it all depends on what all your plans are for your car in the future, if you're looking for power, if you're looking for control/safe etc.

But generally speaking up pipe, turbo back exhaust, cobb ap, downpipe

P.S. I'm actually selling my 03 wrx and might be returning it to stock so if you're looking at buying some mods PM me and we can talk it up

I'm not a Subaru savvy person, but I always opt for (in order) :

#1 Suspension, wheels, brakes
    #2 Power/Drivetrain
    #3 Esthetics (if desired)

well this is my dream idea.

Find a audi with good engine and completely stock, and black exterior and enterior.

My plans, in general, are:

1)Suspension, probably drop 1.5" or so
    2)Custom exhaust
    3)18" bbs rims (maybe polished lip) with yohahoma tires
    4)Upgrade brakes
    5)Tint windows and maybe tail lights
    6)HID lights

after all that shenanigans, depending how I feel, I might toss on a fat turbo on it and have a ball

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmm06 View Post
    search n00b!!!!!!!
    do i ask you for the lotto numbers? you gotta learn about your car! you decide for your self!
    Sorry but what do you think he is trying to do? I'm not attacking you but merely just trying to make the point that EVERYONE starts somewhere. He is obviously trying since he is on a wrx forum.

Again I'm not trying to be rude

Saying that I will agree with you to an extent

You probably want to ask more specific questions, explore your car a bit and your options. before thinking about moding your car

Since you just bought the car, why don't you just drive it for a while.
    That way, once you are used to it, you can better decide what you think it needs to better suit you.

Once you figure out a general guideline of what you are looking to change, you can then ask more specific questions such as "I'm thinking about exhaust, what are some different options I should consider going with for X vehicle?"

I agree, a person has to start somewhere, but doing modifications I don't feel is something that needs to be 'rushed' by any means.

My posts are low but its not my first rodeo

As much as I know my local tuner hates a pickle party at his shop, it might be the best thing for you to go to a tuning shop and talk with the person(s) who work on them all the time.
    My experience is the people who go for looks are never happy. You bought an awesome machine tighten the nut behind the wheel before you worry about anything else.
    Last, welcome to the family those that will insult you because of your noobiness were there once to. I think its when you get to 500 posts you are considered a subaru genius (apparently Jeffmm06 is just that.)
    Last edited by Project9; 01-13-2008 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Throw down

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyboieee View Post
    Welcome to the club! There are several good suggestions here. Additionally, searching, exploring and reading will be helpful in your decision making. Make sure you explore the "answers" link in my signature too!
    Last edited by TheJ; 01-13-2008 at 02:35 AM.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

I Support ClubWRX
    I understand that seeing the same question/s posted over and over and over by new members can be a little frustrating. However, I think some of you may have just been surfing with your new-post button and perhaps you didn't realize you were actually posting in "New Member Hangout" Forum...

This is definitely not the forum for "Do a search N00b!!! I don't pick your blah blah..." posts. Even if it was only meant as humor I don't think too man new folks would find it funny. We were all new at some point. Well... except me... j/k

Make sure you pay attention to where you are posting and if you don't like n00b questions then don't post in the NMH forum.
    Last edited by TheJ; 01-13-2008 at 02:44 AM.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    I understand that seeing the same question/s posted over and over and over by new members can be a little frustrating. However, I think some of you may have just been surfing with your new-post button and perhaps you didn't realize you were actually posting in "New Member Hangout" Forum...

This is definitely not the forum for "Do a search N00b!!! I don't pick your blah blah..." posts. Even if it was only meant as humor I don't think too man new folks would find it funny. We were all new at some point. Well... except me... j/k

Make sure you pay attention to where you are posting and if you don't like n00b questions then don't post in the NMH forum.
    ...I agree...but searching should be your first option to find something...most of the time what you are looking for has already been talked about...if not, then ask...but be specific...Pat'swrx has a point of being a broad question...but I bet if you search "first mods" in search over at HOME or in SEARCH (above in the contents bar)...usually the first thing that n00bs ask is "what should be my first mods"...never fails ...it gets annoying after a while so we either:

A) Ignore You
    B) Be A Jerk To You
    or
    C) Help You

...also search over at NASIOC.....but if you're exploration is a failure or you still have some doubts...please feel free to ask...someone will (most likely) help you out...

~Kano~
    [God Bless You]
    Custom Catback Race Exhaust (3" piping + 4'5" tip tilted upward left). Blitz SUS Power Air Intake Filter. F1 Racing Stage 3 Clutch Kit. Titanium STi shifter. Blitz Dual Turbo Timer DC IV. ViS Carbon Fiber Hood. Blitz Super Sound Dual Drive BOV.
    Bugeye Mafioso #149
    www.myspace.com/kano07

Personally, I'd start with the convertible mod. It's a really great one, just get a chopsaw and have at it. Costs very little and it'll give you some great benefits. With the top off, you're also going to be a lot faster with all of that weight loss.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Personally, I'd start with the convertible mod. It's a really great one, just get a chopsaw and have at it. Costs very little and it'll give you some great benefits. With the top off, you're also going to be a lot faster with all of that weight loss.
    i think after that your ready for the screwgun to the headers mod, it makes the exhaust louder than any civic
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~