Looking for a Mechanic
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Looking for a Mechanic within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am a new WRX owner (02) and looking for a good place (would like to avoid dealers) to take ...

Post Looking for a Mechanic

I am a new WRX owner (02) and looking for a good place (would like to avoid dealers) to take my car in for some maintenance. The car has 102K and I want to have the timing belt and water pump replaced along with any other items that go with that. Just purchased the car used from a local dealer. Its a one owner car but don't have the maintenance history so I am going by the things needed at this mileage point.

So I am asking for some advice:

1) what else should be done while replacing the timing belt and should I be looking or listening for other items that may need to be replaced. I want to take care of the most critical first (not a lot of money)

2) I was told that P&L Motorsports in Franklin Park, IL is a good place. I did contact them via email and they sounded fair. I live in the northwest chicagoland suburbs.

Thanks for your advice and I just want to say this forum has some great information.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club!

I don't know your area well but you might have soe luck with the regional forums.

Good luck.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Locally we've got GRD, AMS, P&L & DS1. You'll be in good hands with any of them.

BH

Thumbs up WRX Shops

Thanks for the other places. I was able to look up all of them except DS1.

I have made contact with P&L and plan a visit next week.

Thanks again

DS1 motorsports
    ds1motorsports.com

What is approx price on timing belt replace labor and parts? Must be more than Inline 4 motor... Anybody know?
    Last edited by mostasz; 01-15-2008 at 04:56 PM.
    "Windscreen broken. Cause unknown. Probably Voodoo"

04 WRX, Stg 2

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.