Need help with new WRX- buzz problem?

This is a discussion on Need help with new WRX- buzz problem? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm now at 600 miles, love the car EXCEPT the engine noise is driving me nuts above 3000 - it ...

Need help with new WRX- buzz problem?

I'm now at 600 miles, love the car EXCEPT the engine noise is driving me nuts above 3000 - it sounds like metal grinding on metal and sets my teath on edge! I don't know what to do, it almost makes me reluctant to drive it. I've thought about ear plugs, but not very practical. I want to improve the sound system anyway, but I'm not sure that will hide it.

Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

warranty
    Wingl3ss @lliance #18
    Blob-Eye Syndicate #71

Quote Originally Posted by DentGuy05 View Post
    warranty
    Maybe, but I'm not sure if there is anything wrong OR it's just that I'm sensitive to the sound. I'm taking it in on Thursday anyway because it had scratches on the dash on delivery (I didn't notice them until the sun hit the dash the next day) - they have to replace the dash.

I Support ClubWRX
    No idea...
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Are you used to the sound of the boxer engine? I wasn't sure about it at first. Either I have got used to it or 3000km later the engine has bedded in nicely. Take the demo car out for a run (as long as it's mileage is not too much higher than yours) and see how it sounds, and definitely ask your dealer for advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    Are you used to the sound of the boxer engine? I wasn't sure about it at first.
    I do wonder about that. I'll ask the dealer when I take it in on Thursday.

Same thing I was wondering if you were famiilar with the boxer buzz, lol..maybe posting a sound clip of the noise might help?

Quote Originally Posted by Josias View Post
    Same thing I was wondering if you were famiilar with the boxer buzz, lol..maybe posting a sound clip of the noise might help?
    Paying more attention to it today, it is not that loud, it just happens to be really irritating (like someone scratching a chalkboard). I like the vehicle otherwise, and would hate to take the loss of selling it after just a few weeks. Besides, what else would I get? There's nothing else that has the same combination of performance, handling, practicality, affordability (relative) and reliability.

I need to come up with a solution IF it is the "boxer buz." (Ear plugs would be cheap, but not very practical!)