Switched from 98 Accord to 08 WRX - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Switched from 98 Accord to 08 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Congrats and welcome to the club! You will have the shift / clutch routine down before you know it....

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats and welcome to the club!

You will have the shift / clutch routine down before you know it.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

98Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXcruiser View Post
    welcome to the club! congrats on the brand new car. hard to believe you would learn to drive stick in it. to each his own though.
    i know. i feel bad for my car too and i hear that wrx trans is not very strong? this is my 3rd day driving stick and i never swore this much while driving b4. i'm def gettin better tho

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 98Accord View Post
    i know. i feel bad for my car too and i hear that wrx trans is not very strong? this is my 3rd day driving stick and i never swore this much while driving b4. i'm def gettin better tho
    I knew a guy a few years back who bought a new Acura RSX-S with a 6 speed while only having an understanding of how to shift and less than a hour practice. He did just fine.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

vlenhoff
    If you can, go to a peaceful area, and start the car from zero. Then break and start over again. Practice makes for good foot eye coordination.

I had to teach my girly how to drive stick when I got my wrx, as I am not the designated driver, haha. I just took her to a parking lot, told her to start, go to 10 mph, stop, and do it all over again. I just let the seat back and let her go. She got the hang of it after a while.

Important thing is to not be self-conscious about it. If you panic when you stall in traffic, you're just gonna stall again. Who cares if someone sees you stall? You won't see that person ever again.

Good luck, and interesting choice picking the 4-door.
    2007 OBP WRX TR
    Modless till summer

welcome to the club
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by 98Accord View Post
    is clutch covered under warranty?
    The clutch is covered against wear for 3 years as a part of the standard warranty. There have been debates about whether premature wear caused by beginner shifters counts as abuse (thus voiding the warranty). It doesn't, as a consumable Subaru should replace it even with excessive wear.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12