Hello From AL. WRX Discoverer!

This is a discussion on Hello From AL. WRX Discoverer! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello Guys and gals. New to the forum and would love to introduce myself. My name is Jason and obviously ...

Hello From AL. WRX Discoverer!

Hello Guys and gals. New to the forum and would love to introduce myself. My name is Jason and obviously Im from Ala. Im 34 years old (I know "A Geezer"), and Im a new found WRX discoverer. My family owns a car dealership here in town. I work there as well, doing mainly everything from sales to service.( If I get burnt out on one I can go do the other.) Anyways, On Jan 2, I had to run into B'Ham and pick up a car. Nothing out of the ordinary, "Go pick up a Subaru I bought Yesterday and Bring it too clean up. "No Problem" I thought. After all Ive done this countless times.(Since the early nineties.) Arriving at said location to pickup the "Rex", I notice what it is, a WRX, "Hmmmm" I thought, "Cute hoodscoop". Having a chuckle to myself I meet up with the Sales manager and do the paperwork and so forth. Cranking to car I notice nothing. Thinking about the mundan things that one "Geezer" would think of, I drive off. The on ramp to the Interstate is exactly 1/4 mile so I hadnt really noticed anything til then. Upon arriving at the top of the on ramp I notice a group of large trucks "packed" up together and obviously speeding so I decide to go for it. First thing I do is down shift to third, and pressed the accelerator. "WHAT Tha FUUUA!!" , I screamed aloud. " What the heck is that?" Hearing the first whoosh. Then it hit. About 2 G's of car seat pressed into my back.
    I was bite.And like a snake bite, and it took over rapidly. The addiction to turbo was born. By the end of the day I had decided something very substantial. I wanted that car and there was no being told different. Back in the day, We "Us Geezers" used to have our own toys for cars. Late 80's model Camaro's, GT Mustangs, and of the like. Overwieght, gas-sucking, pure V8 Horsepower. About 160 if I remember correctly. And even before that( Before or right at 16) We had MR2's, and Fiero's running Holley Packages. But this my freinds is different. Clearly 100 more horsepower and half the weight and four times the Fun. Today, Jan. 4th, I bought that car. I gave about 9k and taxes for it and it Has 70k miles on it. The 2003 WXR is a jewel of a car. Blue with Gold Enkie RSV 17" wheels as well. To top it off, Ive been told a one owner-adult female owned it, with full service history from the dealership. Ive enjoyed your posts, and look forward to reading more. Remember All you newbies with fresh ink on your DL's. If you have one of these cars, enjoy it. And "Arrive Alive".Besides if you act stupid in your "Rex", you'll make everyone else look foolish as well. Jason.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club!

Man, your are OLD! (just kidding)
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

welcome to the forum. Hit the link in my sig for bugeye owners.

Oh, and I'm 30, and there's quite a few people here in our age range - so you don't need to refer to yourself as a geezer.

I'm pretty sure every person on this forum feels the same way about their WRX/STI and the rush that a turbocharged engine brings. Boost is addictive, and I enjoy my daily fix.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Hey Jason, have you had a chance to do any modifications yet? If you like the wrx now, just wait until stage 2!

there are only a few wrx's here in no. shelby, so I am sure I will see you around.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #44
    2006 SGM WRX
    Cobb Stage 2
    APS 3" Catted TBE
    H-Tech Springs
    Eibach 10mm Spacers

Welcome kid.

(I turn 45 this month.)
    Cones don't count at Hillclimbs.

Welcome Yo!
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

My first week with the "Rex"

Well the first week went by without a hitch. Ive come to the realization that the drivetrain is a tad noisy. From what Im reading in the forums this is widespread issue among the peers. Bolt-ons are planned but not soon. As for now, me and the "Rex" are going to get to know each other a little better. And look around for some Hi Grade fuel. Say around 100 octane. I know for a fact they used to sell it not far from here. No more though. Anyone know a good site to locate some race fuel?

I Support ClubWRX
    In Alabama, contact Bearden Oil Company for a Sunoco Race Fuels dealer near you in Alabama.

Bearden Oil Company
    beardenoil.com
    Tommy Piper
    1-800-342-5505
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I am 30 with 3 kids and my other car is a minivan... you are not that old!
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett