Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 73.68%
  • No

5 26.32%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Looking to Purchase within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by sdfontanini Anyhow, thanks again guys for all the advice. I appreciate it very, very much. I'm still ...

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sdfontanini View Post
    Anyhow, thanks again guys for all the advice. I appreciate it very, very much. I'm still gonna look around for other WRX's but this one has my attention at the moment.
    No problem. Let us know what you decide on.
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 20WRX04 View Post
    No problem. Let us know what you decide on.
    I will have a decision made sometime next week. I can't f-ing wait.

This will blow my IS300 out of the water...

I will have a decision made sometime next week. I can't f-ing wait.

This will blow my IS300 out of the water...
    Yes, yes it will. Before I bought my WRX brand new in '04, I was looking at the IS300, in addition to an A4, a 325i, & a Passat. I made the right choice!
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

Banned
    He also ensured me that he always consulted the forums before he made any decisions on the car. Which means he does his research. And overall I just felt confident this guy was honest and respectable.
    DING DING DING. And I would like wise find his consulting. People who are trying to sell these highly modified cars often do it on Nasioc.com in their corresponding regional sections. I would find the car and then search every post this guy has ever made.

Post like I put on a big turbo with lack of engine management should be a red flag. Other than that I would say this is a steal and only wish I was in your shoes. I really wish I would have researched before buying my car. These swapped cars are were it is at

Quote Originally Posted by Not-EWRX View Post
    DING DING DING. And I would like wise find his consulting. People who are trying to sell these highly modified cars often do it on Nasioc.com in their corresponding regional sections. I would find the car and then search every post this guy has ever made.

Post like I put on a big turbo with lack of engine management should be a red flag. Other than that I would say this is a steal and only wish I was in your shoes. I really wish I would have researched before buying my car. These swapped cars are were it is at
    Well the guy told me that he never strapped on a larger turbo. He pointed out some harnesses to look at when people do a swap, and showed me that they weren't touched, thus indicating no swap took place.

The car really is in prestine condition...

Quote Originally Posted by Not-EWRX View Post
    Post like I put on a big turbo with lack of engine management should be a red flag.
    Didn't you post something like that? JK

Well the guy told me that he never strapped on a larger turbo. He pointed out some harnesses to look at when people do a swap, and showed me that they weren't touched, thus indicating no swap took place. The car really is in prestine condition...
    FYI,..A turbo swap is a very simple bolt out/bolt in procedure. There's no harnesses to touch.
    It's hard to find nice, quality cars that were modded & taken care of. I know most of the people on this forum take pride in their cars & keep them top notch. I can't speak for the other forums or modders out there. Good find.
    Last edited by 20WRX04; 01-04-2008 at 11:24 AM.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by 20WRX04 View Post
    Didn't you post something like that? JK

FYI,..A turbo swap is a very simple bolt out/bolt in procedure. There's no harnesses to touch.
    It's hard to find nice, quality cars that were modded & taken care of. I know most of the people on this forum take pride in their cars & keep them top notch. I can't speak for the other forums or modders out there. Good find.
    Yeah I wasn't exactly sure what he was talking about. Maybe he was refering to the Injectors or something.

I Support ClubWRX
    I would spend a few thousand more and buy a used STI, but that's just my opinion.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar

Are you guys serious? $18,500 for a 2004 with 40,000 miles? So big deal it has an STI transmission. There is no gain there! That should not jump the price $4,000! The guy did suspension, brakes, transmission and EM and he did not drive the car hard?! How do we know the guy did not blow the first transmission and upgrade to an STI transmission?

http://www.nadaguides.com/usedcars.a...076&da=-1&nx=1

There is NADA on the car. Its up to you. Your money. I am just telling you, there are soooo much better deals out there.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

Just buying an 02.... Let me explain something to you. I called over 300 dealerships and private parties with 02-05 wrx's... I've priced WRX's with as little as 5k to as much as 150k on them.

I have not found an Unmolested 04 for cheaper than $15k.... Just because you can pick up 02-03's that have been ass-****ed for 5 years for 8k does not prove anything. I would have paid an extra 4k for my car with a full STI Trans and Driveline swap hands down!

I understand the quality of work must be taken into consideration, but obviously he knew what he was doing when swapping to the STI gearbox.

And in contrast kbb, edmonds tmv, nada, ALL BULL****! Does not mean ****. They are used to manipulate buyers, a cars value is based one what a person will pay for it within reason. If you feel that its worth $18k (which after searching high and low is not a bad price for an 04 with those credentials) then hop on it. I would.....
    Bugeye Mafia #157
    18g + 205 + E = 12.07@116

Quote Originally Posted by JSarv View Post
    Just buying an 02.... Let me explain something to you. I called over 300 dealerships and private parties with 02-05 wrx's... I've priced WRX's with as little as 5k to as much as 150k on them.

I have not found an Unmolested 04 for cheaper than $15k.... Just because you can pick up 02-03's that have been ass-****ed for 5 years for 8k does not prove anything. I would have paid an extra 4k for my car with a full STI Trans and Driveline swap hands down!

I understand the quality of work must be taken into consideration, but obviously he knew what he was doing when swapping to the STI gearbox.

And in contrast kbb, edmonds tmv, nada, ALL BULL****! Does not mean ****. They are used to manipulate buyers, a cars value is based one what a person will pay for it within reason. If you feel that its worth $18k (which after searching high and low is not a bad price for an 04 with those credentials) then hop on it. I would.....
    He has some points i also agree with..

When i was looking for my WRX, I bought it from an enthusiast off this exact forum. He was meticulous and the car was incredibly well cared for and I was very happy to buy the car from him over the next guy.

Also book values are.... well... book values.. $13,9 for that car? You cant find them for that, thats like auction price, and yes i would know i have dealer access. I think the 6-speed is an add on, yes mods dont add on to value yada yada but thats usually like a bigger turbo or something, a 6 speed to me would be a good buying point, after all i wish mine had one!

I would say if you can afford it then go for it if you truly love the car, or like someone said earlier add a couple thousand and get a legit STi, if you can afford it, if not you wont be disappointed with this wrx
    2004 WRB WRX Stage2+ << SOLD
    2004 PSM STi << FOR SALE
    Blobeye Syndicate # 32
    Dirty Crew # 32
    Quote Originally Posted by RealDealTarheel View Post
    They're usually way too busy popping their BOV's at me anyways. If I put an anti-neon sign on my FMIC I'd really never get to grocery shop in peace.

I Support ClubWRX

Smile

Welcome to the club.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Welcome to the pron.
    Last edited by 20WRX04; 01-05-2008 at 10:22 AM.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

I Support ClubWRX

fixed
    Last edited by TheJ; 01-05-2008 at 10:01 AM.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Is it a wrx or sti?

If its a Wrx, it has waaaay more than $5000 into it. $5g's accounts for the tranny alone.

Looks like a nice ride
    +1
    STU 17
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #117
    WATCH THIS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.