Noobie
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Noobie within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys and gals, I just wanted to say hi. Friends call me Tag. I just bought myself an '08 ...

Noobie

Hey guys and gals, I just wanted to say hi.
    Friends call me Tag.
    I just bought myself an '08 WRX with the Sat/Navi and Premium packages, I also got some extras that the dealership offered like clear bra, a paint protectant for the salt/chemicals on the streets after a snow and lo-jack theft recovery because I'm apparently overly paranoid. I don't have a whole lot planned with it as it's brand new; I don't see a lot of aftermarket stuff for it nor am I too crazy about voiding the warranty. The car just rolled over the break-in point of 1000 miles and it's my daily driver.

For now I'd just like to tint the windows and I'd really like to look into a short throw shifter. Are other SPT parts worth it? I'm sure they give the boost in HP while keeping the warranty but when comparing gains would it just be better to go after market?

Lastly, I'm in Colorado near Denver and I'd like to meet other Subaru owners in my area to see what they've done and recommend. I'm heading to the Mountain area post now. Nice to meet you all.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hey tage that sure is a sexy wrx. A good first mod would be cobb accessport allow car to run more eficient also pretty sure wont void warranty and is safe. Hope your happy with your purchase.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club, you'll love the car. Not modding is tough! Good luck with that.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Welcome, id wait on most aftermarket parts as most are still being designed. SPT is good
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

Congrats on the purchase, hope you enjoy the car!

Quote Originally Posted by Phluffy View Post
    a paint protectant for the salt/chemicals on the streets after a snow
    I really hope you didn't pay very much for this since it's a total ripoff and totally unnecessary...
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    I really hope you didn't pay very much for this since it's a total ripoff and totally unnecessary...
    If I could tell you exactly what I paid for that piece, I would, but I don't exactly remember nor do I have the documentation in front of me. I'd say off hand... $200 - $300. You maybe right about the value of it, but what's a few hundred here and there for my brand new baby? Who's my wittle baby? That's right, you are! You ar...

Excuse me. At any rate, they called it the "Colorado package" for the clear bra + paint stuff. I guess it's due to the snow we get and how they treat the snow on the streets.

On a side note, about 600 miles into my new baby, a minivan a fair distance ahead of me picked up a rock with it's tires and cracked my windshield. I found out to day that the 08 windshields run ~$840 plus ~$150 to mold it to the body. At least, that's what this one place quoted me. Ouch.

Welcome Aboard.

Wazzzup

That's a lot for a windshield...

Some people like the clear bra and recommend it. The paint stuff on the other hand, I guess I'm not sure, but who cares right? You got a new suby!

Yookoso. (Welcome in japanese)
    Last edited by broosewee; 01-03-2008 at 12:40 AM. Reason: translated
    2002 WRB
    VF34, EDM projectors, TEIN Flex coilovers, STi RA tranny, Brembos, STi interior, etc.

welcome to the club
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Thanks for all the welcomes guys. I've decided that despite the name of this thread, I'm going to use this to keep you guys informed about my car. Every change, big or small good or bad, to my car will be posted here. I've already touched the bad about my windshield . I'm going to look over the crack very closely and see if I can find a point of impact that caused the crack. If I can't, I'm going to go to the dealership and see if I can call their warranty.

But, I'd also like to take this opportunity to say that there's a little good also. As of 1:19 MST today I've ordered a Kart Boy short throw shifter with some firmer bushings for my car. Pending delivery I'll install it the following weekend using this guide: http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/sho...p?threadid=205 . Wish me luck guys, thanks.

Sucks about the windshield thats almost a Grand
    Hey after you install the short shifter you should post a review of how good it is thinking of getting one.

Banned
    glass coverage on your insurance policy is dirt cheap and as you most likely realize, well worth it. last time i checked i think it was an additional 15 bucks for 6 months in my locale. a couple dollars and change per month...

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club Tag!

Some of the power claims for the SPT parts are exaggerated. Read the info here to help make sense of it all.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    Welcome to the club, you'll love the car. Not modding is tough! Good luck with that.
    + panties
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.