Noobie - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Noobie within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 06wrx4me + panties Pics....

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    + panties
    Pics.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    Pics.
    Ask and yee shall receive.

2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Quote Originally Posted by yashuone View Post
    glass coverage on your insurance policy is dirt cheap and as you most likely realize, well worth it. last time i checked i think it was an additional 15 bucks for 6 months in my locale. a couple dollars and change per month...
    My insurance company want an extra $250 for windscreen cover, and that's with a $500 excess (maybe that's because they use rocks instead of salt here). My local autoglass place say that a non-OEM part will probably cost about $400 fitted, but they don't list the 08s yet.

Quick update on my car status and plans:

I have good news.. and of course, with good news comes bad news.
    I got my dealership to agree that if there's no point of impact on my windshield, it'll be covered by warranty (good news). Yay! Being that I checked over the crack and didn't see anything, I took it into the dealership and in no time... they found my point of impact on the windshield (that's the bad news). I didn't see it cause it was almost right under the windshield wiper and it's also on the windshield behind the IC hood vent. This rock must have been pulling some Matrix stuff to hit on that point.

Also, I've gotten my short shifter and front bushings in the mail but I'm waiting until I get the rear bushings in to do the install.. any day now.

I've decided (inspired by AkWrx, backed with research) that my next toy for the WRX will be the AccessPort. I'll let ya guys know how that goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by AkWrx99556 View Post
    ...A good first mod would be cobb accessport allow car to run more eficient...
    Lastly, thanks for the pictures on my thread 06wrx4me.

Welcome. Sucks about the windshield. The price to replace it was the first thing i thought abot when i saw the defrosters that keep your wipers toasty on 08's.
    "90 miles an hour through trees sideways is pretty damn scary" ~Ken Block

Hey hey! Welcome from the high country of Colorado!!!!! You should look into the windshield coverage from your insurance company....well, well worth. Especially given our location. Rocks, ice chunks, etc are a daily occurence.

At any rate, welcome to the club and congrats on your scoobs!!!
    Proud owner of an '04 Scoobie 'Rex San Remo Red
    '62 International Harvester Scout 80
    '96 Pierce Saber Rescue-Pumper
    '99 Pierce Dash 100' Platform ladder
    ***Blobeye Syndicate #951***

Quote Originally Posted by colorado_okie View Post
    ... You should look into the windshield coverage from your insurance company....well, well worth. ...
    Already did man, Progressive doesn't offer the coverage for Colorado, I asked yesterday. But thanks for the hearty welcome. I'd like to get together with my fellow mountaineers but nothin' doin' yet.

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    1.) Welcome
    2.) Make sure to tell the windshield place you are paying out of pocket - the price is much less than if they think insurance is covering.
    3.) The AP WILL VOID your warranty if your dealer discovers you remapped the engine. For the 07 models, the only way they can determine that is by asking you as there is no "flash counter." You really want to find out if there is some mechanism in the 08 that counts the number of flashes on the ECU (corvettes and other high-perf cars actually log the reflashes with ePROM).
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

Good call on the clear bra. My front end is already peppered with rock dings
    Last edited by Raven Logics; 01-10-2008 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mjboudreaux77 View Post
    1.) Welcome
    2.) Make sure to tell the windshield place you are paying out of pocket - the price is much less than if they think insurance is covering.
    3.) The AP WILL VOID your warranty if your dealer discovers you remapped the engine. For the 07 models, the only way they can determine that is by asking you as there is no "flash counter." You really want to find out if there is some mechanism in the 08 that counts the number of flashes on the ECU (corvettes and other high-perf cars actually log the reflashes with ePROM).
    1.) Thank you again
    2.) I did, I'm told a lot of the cost was because the lady told me "there's not an OEM glass for your car yet, the factory glass costs $840." At any rate, if I were to cut say... $400 off of the price, I'd still be over my deductible (after the molding cost of $150), and class claims don't raise premiums so... I think I'll just make the claim.
    3.) I was quite sure on this matter but you're right, that makes sense that it would. I'm not too entirely concerned as the AP copies the stock map and could apply it and be removed in a rather quick fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    Good call on the clear bra. My front end is already peppered with rock dings
    mMm peppered front end . I just answered a PM about clear bras, it might not be too late to protect your (peppered) front end. Ask your local tint shops about clear bras.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Ask and yee shall receive.
    I had to ask.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Ok, it's about effin' time, but I've gotten the short shifter installed and I've posted (phone) pictures. at my website... https://hackdmz.net/~tag/

They're named appropriately..

Before-**** is before the install.
    After-**** is after.
    ******-3rd is in 3rd gear
    ******-4th is in 4th gear
    ******-Neu is in neutral
    ******-NeuH is the measured height in neutral
    Lastly, there's a pic of the two shifters next to each other. The top one is stock, the bottom one is KartBoy's shifter.

I'll let the pictures speak for the numbers, but as far as the feeling, oh man, it's amazing. I think I about cream my pants every time I go from 2nd to 3rd. It's a lot stiffer but that's due to the bushings, and I like it that way.

I purchased the front and rear bushings for this install also, I STRONGLY recommend them, although their install is like 10x longer than the shifter install. I recommend them before the stock bushings are crap, you'd know what I mean if I could show you the pictures, but my phone was dead . Overall, I'd rate the install difficulty at a 3.Took about 40 minutes for bushings and 10 minutes shifter.
    Last edited by Phluffy; 01-21-2008 at 10:16 PM.
    I... I'm sorry... I don't want to join your alliances... in a funny, counter productive way, alliances just segregate us... Can't all Subie owners just hold hands?!
    (Defeating my own purpose...)
    First declared non-alliance member... 001.

Ouch. I'm sorry. I live in the Springs. I HATE the roads here and all the damn rocks. I think we're rated top 5 worst roads in the country. I got a huge crack on my s2000 as well. Damn roads.

Quote Originally Posted by Phluffy View Post
    If I could tell you exactly what I paid for that piece, I would, but I don't exactly remember nor do I have the documentation in front of me. I'd say off hand... $200 - $300. You maybe right about the value of it, but what's a few hundred here and there for my brand new baby? Who's my wittle baby? That's right, you are! You ar...

Excuse me. At any rate, they called it the "Colorado package" for the clear bra + paint stuff. I guess it's due to the snow we get and how they treat the snow on the streets.

On a side note, about 600 miles into my new baby, a minivan a fair distance ahead of me picked up a rock with it's tires and cracked my windshield. I found out to day that the 08 windshields run ~$840 plus ~$150 to mold it to the body. At least, that's what this one place quoted me. Ouch.

Yay! New toys.

Sorry, it's been quite awhile but I have an update now with my car and it's toys.

Last weekend I went out and got an SPT intake and AP for my '08 WRX (What? They have the SPT intake for the WRX? ... I'll get to that in a second.)

I got home and the first thing I did was install the AP. Nifty little gadget really. It even has this positionable USB cord that goes into the OBD2 interface. You can click the cord to go left or right or up and down. HOWEVER if you do this while it's writing to the ECU or saving from the ECU... IT WILL KILL THE CONNECTION... I'm speaking from my experience and the tears and sweat that I shed, thinking I bricked my car. Luckily, the new AP firmware is a lot safer and includes a recovery feature now. Basically, it will first save the default map from the ECU (if you lose connection then, no harm done cause you're pulling from the ECU) then, you select your map and it will write to the ECU, if you lose connection then, you basically botch your ECU but, it will switch to recovery and write what it saved earlier.

So, I installed the AP, cool. Then I looked towards the SPT intake/heat shield combo. I'm not looking for a power boost but for just a hint of style and that killer spooling sound. I look at the box and it's labeled Outback/Legacy '08, but I think uh... 2.5 engine, '08 WRX is close to Legacy chassis and I assume the people who sold it to me (flatironstuning.com [I picked it up locally]) knew what they were talkin' about when they dished out the box to me. I was wrong but I didn't find that out until I installed the heat shield and the intake and took the last step to install the MAF sensor. It doesn't fit... the tabs to screw it down are off about 90 degrees from where the slots are on the intake. It was 12:30 at night and I went to Wal-Mart looking for solutions... unfortunately I found it... in the door aisle (with knobs and stoppers and hinges) I found a 90 degree bracket.

It worked and the intake is installed... other than my makeshift bracket it looks like it was made for my car. (See Pictures!)

It was on long enough to test it and take it around the block. I called flatironstuning the next day to talk to them about it and they informed me that I should probably take it off (I knew that ) and that the 08 WRX intake is in Beta testing, it should be out soon. At any rate, it was a fun install and a fun weekend.
    I... I'm sorry... I don't want to join your alliances... in a funny, counter productive way, alliances just segregate us... Can't all Subie owners just hold hands?!
    (Defeating my own purpose...)
    First declared non-alliance member... 001.

Still can't believe that they put that bend in that intake.........
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverSubaab
    "Dude, I don't know you, and I don't mean this in a personal way, but I want to kick you in the nuts."
    -If your going to quote someone, quote yourself.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast