New member with 02 wrx!

This is a discussion on New member with 02 wrx! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys! Im new here and to the subaru world. Ive been in the euro scene for quite some time ...

New member with 02 wrx!

Hey guys! Im new here and to the subaru world. Ive been in the euro scene for quite some time and drive a heavily modded m3. My brother just picked up an 02 wrx and I was wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction! Do you recommend any websites I could check out with aftermarket supplies?

My brother just finally getting into cars so I want to learn as much as I can to help him mod and maintain his new car!

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sup

Hey Man im glad to here your brother got a bug eye wrx. First thing i did was a catback exhuast with cobb Accessport stage 1. Cobb is very good mod to start with and will allow you later on to tune your car with whatever you put on and also helps make car more drivable and boost earlier you will love it. The exhaust is not nessecary but looks and sounds good and is simple to install good starter project. Then if you get this all you need is a good downpipe and your running Stage 2 I belive is 280hp/285tq on 91 octane Then if your looking for more power throw on a vf34 and sti pink injectors and bigger fuel pump which will give you 315hp/295tq on cobbs maps 2.5 with cutom tune you will get more. Im pretty sure all of these parts can be found at these source
    www.fastwrx.com they have exterior/wheels/interior/everything
    www.jscspeed.com they dont sell exterior or wheels
    www.flatironstuning.com bought my accessport from them free shipping and fast
    All these company have great service and i have order from all of them
    You dont have to take my oppion this is just what i plan to do with my wrx. There are bigger turbo form more horsepower but more lag .
    By the way cobbs number for stage 1 is 255hp/255tq of there site and i felt the diffrence feels much better happy tuning Also if you liked stage 1 stage 2 will put a big grin on your face

Exhaust

if you dont think buying a brand name exhuast is required i would check out the SRS exhuast 199.00 on ebay full stainless steel fits perfect and sounds good to me. Search fourm there a long thread on it i would look into this exhaust save you like 400.00 over name brand. This is not one of those exhaust you can hear from miles nice low boxer rumble
    Also man i love BMw M3 just way over my budget wish i could afford one which year is yours have you seen the new ones there sick
    Easy install with Lift make sure spary hangers bolts ith wd40 or pb blaster

Diffrent Ways

Just to let you now there is diffrent option for tuning and stages Vishun tuning is good might want to look it to them or Turbo xs also good me i just like cobb and love my accessport. Many cool features and you dont have to ship your ecu in just load Accessport into car and change to what ever map you need also boost gauge 0-60 1/4 mile coolant temp intake temp ect.

http://www.gruppe-s.com/
    They have interesting things.
    2002 WRB
    VF34, EDM projectors, TEIN Flex coilovers, STi RA tranny, Brembos, STi interior, etc.

I Support ClubWRX

Smile

Welcome to the club!

1) Click on, bookmark and explore the link in my signature.

2) Visit our vendors forum for some great ways to find stuff.

3) Have fun!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

Welcome to the club!

I don't think any of us would mind some pics of that m3....P-P-PLEASE
    2004 WRB WRX Stage2+ << SOLD
    2004 PSM STi << FOR SALE
    Blobeye Syndicate # 32
    Dirty Crew # 32
    Quote Originally Posted by RealDealTarheel View Post
    They're usually way too busy popping their BOV's at me anyways. If I put an anti-neon sign on my FMIC I'd really never get to grocery shop in peace.

Hey guys thanks for the info so far. . .

This accessport I'm assuming is some sort of PnP tuning device?

I'll check out those sites, I just had surgery on my arm so I'll have a little extra time on my hands.

And since you said please. . .

welcome - links in sig for you or your brother

Hit the one for new bugeye owners as it lays out a simple upgrade path/approach.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

That is one cool lookimg BMW