My new to me 04 wrx
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on My new to me 04 wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just wanted to introduce myself to the site. Im a 17 year kid who at the age of 13 was ...

Cool My new to me 04 wrx

Just wanted to introduce myself to the site. Im a 17 year kid who at the age of 13 was into to cars and really liked the WRC and subarus. Saved up for five years working in summer landed a high paying job last two years and finally in five years had enough to buy my dream car 2004 Impreza Wrx San Remo Red didnt want a red car but got a killer deal and red is now my favorite color. Also not another red wrx for 300 miles so you know its me. Dont have rich parents that just bought it for me so I really apreciate my wrx not saying those who do dont and who needs college anyway just kidding. Did some minor mods by myself in shop class Including: Cat back exhuast soon to be turbo back, Cobb Stage 1, Subaru badge delete more agressive fornt, snorkel mod love the spool sound, sti key which i read adds 25hp, red light mod machtes my paint didnt like look of green and of course Rally Armor Mud flaps which is a necessity in Alaska and then lastly nice studded tires wich makes my wrx a beast in the snow. Also wanted to thank the community for all the help and the knowledge here. Learned so much from site. Here some pics. Just wondering if any of you have a vf34 and can tell me if it has same turbo lag as stock td04 or more? Also i recomend Stage 1 to anyone love the power excited about stage 2 then 2.5 with vf34.Cobb rules. Sorry for the long post just wanted to tell everything about my car love wrx and wont buy a diffrent model unless it an sti subaru owner for life.AkWrx99556
    My wrx next to my cousins Impreza which is dead hit and run with drunk driver pole went straight through engine pole bent at last second and was inches from killing him
    My beautiful CatBack
    Cobb Yeahhhhhhh
    Cobb mounted love all the features
    Red
    Poor Suby Dont Drink and Drive This New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Broke out every single window major engine damage and the drunk drive drove of after smashing him of the rode
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0024 [1024x768].jpg   100_0078 [1024x768].jpg   100_0188 [1024x768].jpg   100_0189 [1024x768].jpg   100_0190 [1024x768].jpg  

100_0191 [1024x768].jpg  
    Last edited by AkWrx99556; 12-31-2007 at 07:42 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice car, love the red.

I gotta start savin up more to buy the subie from my parents in a couple years.

Whats with the skirts? why are they black? did it come like that?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance- #2121
    Dirty Crew #2121
    New England F4
    "Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac."

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!

You seem to have read and learned a lot already - how long have you been a lurker? Congrats on saving and buying it all yourself - very commendable.

Quote Originally Posted by Twigman503 View Post
    Whats with the skirts? why are they black? did it come like that?
    Unpainted side skirts rock!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Black skirts

In 04 models the side skirts are black they later revised this in 05 to color macht one of the only way to tell diffrence between 04/05

Lurker

Been reading and trying to learn about wrx since 13 this site i think is one of best for info I liked unpainted side skirts i like black and red theme thinking about some gray/black guntmetal rims next summer

I Support ClubWRX
    Black side skirts match tires perfectly. The interior on the 2005 is noticeably different then the 2004.

I would imagine there is a lot of loose gravel and anti skid on the roads in AK. Why watch the paint chip and peel on painted side skirts?
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    Mods & Pics

ak rodes

yeah rodes in alaska do suck for paint but sure are fun to drive. I hate truckers the most tons of rocks

Diffrence

Yeah the 05 do have a way diffrent interior i like it a, but the exterior the only thing i see is the painted side skirts is your an 05 or 04 spt

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AkWrx99556 View Post
    yeah rodes in alaska do suck for paint but sure are fun to drive. I hate truckers the most tons of rocks
    I bought my WRX new in March 2004. I am on my third windshield thanks to rock spewing trucks.

Truckers need to do what they do ... bad timing on my part I suppose.
    Mods & Pics

Amn thats alot of money spent on windshields truckers should have to buy huge mud flaps most of there mudflaps are old and worn down and let rocks through

I Support ClubWRX
    I have a $50 deductable for windshield damage (replacements are $50). I live close to a couple of limestone quarries. Oh well.
    Mods & Pics

Nice. tire/wheel

Thats pretty kool also wondering what rims you got on your wrx and what size/tire
    Looking into getting kosei 17 only weigh 14 pounds and BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2 sorry for long time trying to set avitar

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AkWrx99556 View Post
    Thats pretty kool also wondering what rims you got on your wrx and what size/tire
    Looking into getting kosei 17 only weigh 14 pounds and BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2 sorry for long time trying to set avitar
    Check out the Mods and Pics links in my sig.
    Mods & Pics

Drinking and driving is one of the dumbest things a person can do. So hope everybody is safe today

The VF34 spools a bit faster. My friend's stock WRX td04 takes almost forever to get going, but admittedly I run an RA gear setup which has shorter ratios and keeps the engine higher in the rev range. It has more potential than the stock, that's for sure. A VF39 is a good, reliable and cheap option also, fyi.

And good job on the car man! Looking good
    2002 WRB
    VF34, EDM projectors, TEIN Flex coilovers, STi RA tranny, Brembos, STi interior, etc.

Hey thanks for the comment and info much apreciated i like the wrb and black rims looks sick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast