whats up - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on whats up within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 20WRX04 Welcome to the club. Take advantage of all the useful info on this site. It will ...

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 20WRX04 View Post
    Welcome to the club. Take advantage of all the useful info on this site. It will come in very handy. Use it wisely.

What exactly did he "do" to your car? Just so you know, you can't use a Cobb AP on your car that's already being used on different car. It doesn't work that way. They can only be used on one car at a time.
    I just thought you couldn't flash back to stock if you moved from one car to the other... I see the AP on ebay so you have to be able to move it from 1 car to the next? For an 02 - warranty shouldn't be a concern, right?
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjboudreaux77 View Post
    I just thought you couldn't flash back to stock if you moved from one car to the other... I see the AP on ebay so you have to be able to move it from 1 car to the next? For an 02 - warranty shouldn't be a concern, right?
    If you install an AP on one car, it's married to that car. You cannot use the AP on another car UNTIL you unmarry the AP from the original car first. That being said, APs are year specific. Be careful buying APs. If they are not unmarried, they WILL NOT work on your car. If you buy one that was for an 02 & you have an 06, it will not work. There are also different maps for different years. I think the data cables might be different too. You dig?
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mjboudreaux77 View Post
    There's two stages of AP: Married, and Divorced. Period. There are no 'swingers' in the AP world
    If he married his AP to your car, then flashed it, then he'd have to flash BACK to stock, then DIVORCE, or Unmarry the AP and ECU.. So, you'd be? you guessed it: STOCK mapped..
    Sad, but true.

BTW, I've got a catless stainless steel uppipe, laying in the garage. it's looking for a new owner, for a 'discounted' price
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    There's two stages of AP: Married, and Divorced. Period. There are no 'swingers' in the AP world
    Sadly true. you may not have the EM you thought you did. if your friends still using the AP then you certainly don't have any. Now that we've brought this to your attention your on an excellent site to find all the answers to your problems. welcome to the club.
    "90 miles an hour through trees sideways is pretty damn scary" ~Ken Block

no he isnt using the ap anymore, he ummarried from his car, and put a map on my car, and hasnt used it since...he has went open and has been playing around with that so i have been using the ap until he decides on his plans....
    now on the uppipe, how much would u sell it for, and what brand is it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12