Thinking about buying a WRX

This is a discussion on Thinking about buying a WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Like the title says i'm looking to buy a WRX wagon. I just wanted to know of any problems with ...

Thinking about buying a WRX

Like the title says i'm looking to buy a WRX wagon. I just wanted to know of any problems with them or suggested mods to make it better. Any and all help is much appreciated. HK.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by HondaKid
    Like the title says i'm looking to buy a WRX wagon. I just wanted to know of any problems with them or suggested mods to make it better. Any and all help is much appreciated. HK.
    Year?

There are many threads about this, but I'll give you the basics (see this thread for more detailed info) -

'02-'05 all have cats in the UP. Replace the UP, get a catless TBE, and some EM. That'll put you at StageII.

'06-'07 don't have a cat in the UP, so it's not really worth replacing. Get a high-flow cat TBE and some EM. Again, that'll put you at StageII.

Mods like an SRI will amplify the sound of your turbo spool and BPV (it doesn't give the power gain like you'd see in other cars).

Don't get an aftermarket BOV - it'll cause your car to sound cool, but at the cost of decreased performance (engine runs rich).

If you want to go beyond that, look into a turbo upgrade (which will require a larger IC, larger injectors, possibly a fuel pump).

When you're happy with how much $$ you've invested, look into a Protune - that'll yield higher #s, while smoothing out the power curve as well (it's a customized map to your car).

Then focus on handling - get good set of swaybars, and sticky tires.

Also do some break mods - SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads.

Enjoy
    Last edited by EJ257; 12-29-2007 at 01:42 AM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    WRX wagons rule

DO IT

just dont buy a car that has been modded allready.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome.

I would definitely check out our car purchasing forum.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

Thumbs up WRX Wagon

Hey honda kid. I just bought a 2007 WRX wagon and I love it. Heres the info. I go through cars like underwear. That being said I have had my eye on the WRX line for a few years now just did not want to spend the $. So last year I bought a 07 Civic LX 4 Dr. Great car and as far as overall quality and fit and finish, Honda's are tough to beat. Just was not sporty enough. I have a yearly membership to consumer reports and they rated the Impreza line very well, gave it a "good bet" seal of approval. In particular the 06 and 07 line had very little mechanical or hardware issues, besides you get to read numerous reviews from current owners who tend to be very frank and honest when talking about the vehicle. There are a couple items like thinner door panels, road noise, and some interior items like the center console that seem cheaper than the Civic. But I bought this car for it's overall consumer reports score and the performance. There is absolutely no comparing My WRX wagon to the Civic. The Symmetrical All Wheel Drive and Turbo 2.5 Boxer motor is incredible. By far, best bang for the buck. I just installed the Subaru aftermarket high flow air intake and heat shield which adds a few horsepower and increases throttle response and the spooling of the turbine. The wagon is practical also with it's fold down seats. I bought this wagon new as a factory rep. car having 8900 miles on it. The car had factory options like a boost gauge and a bike trailer hitch already installed. Brand new this was close to a $26,000 car I bought for $19,900, about a month ago because they have to make way for the 08's. It is early, but this is by far the funnest car I have ever driven.