New to "tha" crew
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New to "tha" crew within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone, I just recently traded in my 04 rx8 for a pearl white 07 wrx TR. I am very ...

Thumbs up New to "tha" crew

Hey everyone, I just recently traded in my 04 rx8 for a pearl white 07 wrx TR. I am very happy with my decision. Just sayin hi to everyone and loving the feedback and information these forums put out. I had to get rid of the rx8 because I very quickly figured out that the rotary engines eat gas and oil waaayyyy to quickly. The wrx doesnt handle as well, but is a bit faster, i loved the rwd, but awd is a whole different world. I am currently in iraq though so i dont get to enjoy driving my wrx like the rest of you, but I look at this forum about 5 times a day just to read around. I currently have a Greddy Carbon Ti exhaust, perrin BOV(which i will be removing), SPT short ram. The parts I have already ordered are Agency DP, Agency 1lb main crank pulley, AP stage2 w/o the TBE. I may be doing a turbo upgrade to somthing slightly larger. Any suggestions? Once again though im glad to be a member!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the club. I think there is another member at FT. Campbell. Lower the car and put a lip on it to make it SeXy. Happy Holidays!
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club!

What branch of service are you in?
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Yes, i am stationed at ft. campbell. I am in the army. happy holidays to you too.

I Support ClubWRX
    Thank you for your service! Looking forward to seeing pics of the scooby.

Last edited by TheJ; 12-26-2007 at 06:59 AM.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

+1 on thanks for your service & welcome to the club.

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!

Congrats on the WRX. How was the RX8 in oil consumption and fuel milelage? I have read the oil can be a significant issue in the Mazda Wankel.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

The oil consumption was horrible, i mean if it wasnt a daily driver it would be great, but you had to change the oil 3000 miles on the dot, maybe give or take 50 miles, but after that the car just wouldnt run the same. On a full tank of gas you could go down the highway, 250 maybe 300 miles if that, the promised 18 in the city and 22 on the highway was right...if you drive like a grandma. it was horrible. But that car handles so nicley and is really smooth.
    Last edited by XXS31; 12-28-2007 at 03:45 AM. Reason: i cant spell

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome and thanks for what you do.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Welcome to the forums, and another sincere THANK YOU for your service.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Welcome!
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Banned
    Welcome to da club

The WRX isn't exactly a fuel efficient car either... I get about the same as my wife in her '06 4runner (4000 lb car with a 4.0L v6)... but my 20mpg is a lot more fun.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.