2008 Mpg
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2008 Mpg within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am a current 2000 Ford Focus owner. But moving into a small town and the Wisconsin winter this year, ...

2008 Mpg

I am a current 2000 Ford Focus owner. But moving into a small town and the Wisconsin winter this year, I am looking at a Subaru Impreza. Really want the WRX , but I am used to 30 mpg. My commute is about 80% highway. If it would get the 24MPG the EPA says, the additional fun will make up the rest. Otherwise the 2.5i will have to do.

I would be looking at a 08 WRX automatic. Yeah I know the manuals are better, but if you would see my foot and hand corrdination, you would say automatic.

Any feedback from the 2008 owners on the MPG and any feedback from the automatic owners would be great. And Autos are hard to get. One left in this state.

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My 08

I'm getting 23 mpg with my 08. It has about 1k on it now. MPG should improve, but I have a standard. An auto will get slightly less.
    Last edited by Rawb; 12-22-2007 at 05:15 PM. Reason: error

If you are willing to pay ~700.00 dollars for an Cobb AccessPort, you can get a 'map' that increases the efficiency of your engine. Also, if you feel the need you can put maps on there that give you some more hp/torque.

Cobb AccessPort Website

and welcome!!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance- #2121
    Dirty Crew #2121
    New England F4
    "Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac."

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!

24 mpg sounds reasonable. You might do better provided you drive conservatively - stay below 75 mph and keep the speed consistent.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    +1

Welcome!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I got about 17mpg (US) off my first fill up today. It's a Canadian car though and I am not sure what the difference is. This was all town driving, including a bit of enjoyment without thrashing the car. I'll be taking a 600 mile road trip tomorrow and will give an update on usage after that (if I remember to note the mileage ).

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    When I first got my WRX - I was a little dissapointed in MPG, but it is SO worth it. I don't even think about it anymore.

The 2.5i has the additional benefit of running on 87 octane. While the MPG is better - it also runs the cheaper gas.

I traded my 2002 Focus for my 2007 WRX - believe me, I haven't looked back!
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

Thanks for the input ,all. Still up in the air. After chipping ice off my Focus, this morning , the WRX with the avalable wiper defroster is looking good. I will let you know which way I go.

Anyone else want to toss in their mileage numbers, please go ahead. It appears with a WRX , you are having too much fun to worry about the gas.

if you stay off boost, and as others have said, drive conservatively you'll get into the 24/25 mpg range. but don't forget you'll have to put premium gas.
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

2008 wrx mpg

I've got about 6k miles and I get around 24ish strictly on the freeway but average around 22 on a full tank for my daily commute.
    Last edited by David920; 12-23-2007 at 11:23 AM.

Banned
    I have a WRX and I get around 25mpg depending on how hard I drive her....

But like everyone else is saying.... The enjoyment/fun of driving the WRX is way better than worrying about premium gas (93 octane)!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    I got about 17mpg (US) off my first fill up today. It's a Canadian car though and I am not sure what the difference is. This was all town driving, including a bit of enjoyment without thrashing the car. I'll be taking a 600 mile road trip tomorrow and will give an update on usage after that (if I remember to note the mileage ).
    Just a follow up - I travelled 914 kilometers today on approximately 92.8 liters of premium. the trip computer listed consumption as 9.6ltr/100km, but in actual fact it works out closer to 10.15. That gives me approximately 23.17mpg (US). I was travelling mostly between 80 and 140kmh (50 and 85mph). Road conditions were half bad (mainly snow or slush) and the rest okay. For one 200km section averaging about 50mph the computer was reporting 26.7mpg, but with the above error I'd say it was closer to 25mpg.

I have now done about 1000 miles in the car, and the fuel comsumption will get better as the engine beds in some more.

I also have a huge stone dink right in front of my face on my windshield from the above drive

I filled up about 2 miles from a relative's house this evening and hacked it back - now I'm getting about 10mpg

Wrx do not have the best MPG rating but they arnt terrible for a car with a turbo. So with that being said , i have about 350 miles so far on my 08 wrx, and im getting about 20.9 mpg with mixed highway and city driving.
    Hopefully it gets a little better after the intial break in period and everything is running nice and smooth.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    4 speed auto FTl, the gas mileage will be lower and the fun as well.

Get a civic if you want an auto,
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I Support ClubWRX
    I get 23 in the city out of my 06 protuned stage 2. Beat that 08 owners!!

In all seriousness 24mpg is probably easy to get on highway.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast