2008 Mpg - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on 2008 Mpg within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yeah starting to hear they are running out of salt here in Wisconsin. And its getting hard to get. Last ...

Yeah starting to hear they are running out of salt here in Wisconsin. And its getting hard to get.

Last nights drive sucked in the snow. No fun when you can't see where you are going. Too much blowing snow.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by a2cpc View Post
    . . .my wife and I regularly get above 24mpg on the highway. That is at close to legal speeds.
    You must have a VERY light foot. I zeroed the trip counter the other day and it hit 35 MPG for a few miles - but was 21 MPG by the end of my drive. I get 23 mpg at the most on a highway run, after 1200 miles on the 2008 4-door.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamyar12 View Post
    i have a 08 wrx in stick and i live in LA California so im mostly driving in the city and im getting about 15.6 mph and i have about 400 miles on my car its not the best car on gas but its def. worth getting but not in auto

yeah i also live in LA all city with about 600 miles and getting 16mpg 40 bucks to fill my tank and im hateing my gas right now =[. but looooving my 08 rex =].
    black 08 wrx sedan

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar

Exclamation

I don't think it's been mentioned in this thread yet, but...

The EPA totally changed it's testing for 2008-up model cars sold in the US. The tests are now much more rigorous and are designed to show "more realistic results".

For example; there could be absolutely NO change to a 2007-2008 model car, but the new 2008 EPA results will show an average of 2-3 mpg less than the previous model year.

Again, this doesn't mean the cars are getting any less MPG, just that the testing burns more fuel based on how the car is driven...

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

I got 29 mpg on my trip back from Pittsburgh in my 02 wrx auto. Just like everyone pretty much said: don't go pedal to the floor and it won't be so bad. With normal use I get about 20-22 mpg hwy and ~18 on the local roads.
    2002 Midnight Black WRX

Another thing that has not yet been mentioned in this thread, I think-
    US ethanol policy.

ALL gasoline is to contain Ethanol which costs more and reduces power and mileage.

Exactly how much power and consumption will change is under debate, but I have not seen anything, ANYWHERE that denies that miles per gallon will be lower and a given engine will make less power using fuel mixed with ethanol.

And yes, I have seen the effects in other cars, as well as my employer complaining about increased fuel costs for their fleet of vans.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffp25 View Post
    You must have a VERY light foot. I zeroed the trip counter the other day and it hit 35 MPG for a few miles - but was 21 MPG by the end of my drive. I get 23 mpg at the most on a highway run, after 1200 miles on the 2008 4-door.
    I take some of that back, based on my last three days of driving. On Thursday, I drove roughly 100 miles, from Columbia MD to Media PA, averaging about 60 mph, with a peak around 80, and I got 26 mpg. The next day, I drove home in heavy rain, following behind my mother-in-law. The mph average dropped to around 55, and my mpg for the day was 27. Finally, yesterday, I drove around town for about an hour, in mixed traffic and got 16 mpg.

So, a great deal depends on driving conditions.

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I take some of that back, based on my last three days of driving. On Thursday, I drove roughly 100 miles, from Columbia MD to Media PA, averaging about 60 mph, with a peak around 80, and I got 26 mpg. The next day, I drove home in heavy rain, following behind my mother-in-law. The mph average dropped to around 55, and my mpg for the day was 27. Finally, yesterday, I drove around town for about an hour, in mixed traffic and got 16 mpg.

So, a great deal depends on driving conditions.
    How are you measuring that???
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by mjboudreaux77 View Post
    How are you measuring that???

I have a Scanguage II connected to the computer port - which also gives me much more information, such as peak RPM, coolant temp, etc. (I've only calibrated it through one tank of gas, but it should be close.)

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    these 08s will continue to get better mileage, i would not be surprised if we see 28 mpg from a few non lead foot members'

cars seem to get best mileage at 20k miles if they are not beat on.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I am talking true highway miles...get gas, drive on to the highway, accellerate to 70mph, and set the cruise. At 80 mph we get around 20-21mpg. I don't know about this car but my 2003 WRX wagon got 19 mpg at 90+ mph. Of course, that is "in therory" driving across Montana.
    Could be the OLDEST "junior" member on this forum

OK, here's the results for a tank of gas (not quite a full tank), using readings from my Scanguage. Remember that I got roughly 26.5 mpg for the first roughly 200 miles of mostly 60-70 mph driving:

MPG MPH Avg MPH Max Time RPM max Miles Gallons
    Current Trip 22.5 29 71 0.6 4118 19.1 0.8
    Today 21.1 24 71 1.5 5269 38.9 1.8
    Yesterday 1 1.6 15 54 0.1 3569 2.2 0.2
    Tank 24.1 38 7.6 292 12.1

Notice that I got just 11.6 mpg with my driving (just over 2 miles total) yesterday! (I see that the formatting of the table is a little messed up by the posting, but just shift the top row over the first column of number).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123