2008 Mpg - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2008 Mpg within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Driving mostly freeway in the summers I get 28mpg fairly consistently. When I changed to my stage 1 map, OS, ...

Driving mostly freeway in the summers I get 28mpg fairly consistently. When I changed to my stage 1 map, OS, it dropped to about 26. Staying out of the turbo yields great gas mileage but less fun
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

MGP 08 5-Door

Per the heads up display I am averaging 23.8MPG in my 08 WRX (5 door 5 speed M). My drive is half highway half city.

I just turned over 1000 miles on my '08 WRX. 5 spd sedan and I'm averaging 24mpg.

08 mpg

If you do 55 -60 mph on the freeway, you'll get around 25...but who does that =|
    Last edited by David920; 01-02-2008 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Clean3000 View Post
    Wrx do not have the best MPG rating but they arnt terrible for a car with a turbo.
    Depends on the turbo. My current vehicle is a 2001.5 Passat 1.8T. On my drive in to work (mixed backroads and highway) I get between 19 and 30 MPG, depending on the traffic and how hard I push the engine. On a highway run, mostly at 70-80 MPH, I can average 34 MPG for the trip.

I'm about to change to a '08 WRX. When I test drove it, it was fun, but I didn't feel as much difference in performance as I expected (if you get the RPM to around 3000 before taking off, and use the 5-speed to keep the RPMs in the 3000-5000 range, the Passat is quite quick). I'm going to miss the gas mileage, but I want something fun to drive, reliable, and which I can count on when the roads get a little slick, the WRX is on the top of my list - I'll probably pick one up this weekend.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tayhadar1 View Post
    Driving mostly freeway in the summers I get 28mpg fairly consistently. When I changed to my stage 1 map, OS, it dropped to about 26. Staying out of the turbo yields great gas mileage but less fun
    My mileage has stayed pretty much the same from stock, to stage 1 then to 2. As I went to 1, then 2, I am guessing the engine had finished breaking in.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by jshillin View Post
    I just turned over 1000 miles on my '08 WRX. 5 spd sedan and I'm averaging 24mpg.
    i'm at around 3000 miles right now and for the most part, I've been around 24 mpg according to the meter. but when i calculated it after filling up, it's about one or two mpg off. i've been driving in the city and hwy. usually when i'm by myself, there are periods where i average in the upper 20s. once i put more than one passenger in my car, those numbers drop to the low 20s. go figure, weight matters.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kansho View Post
    Per the heads up display I am averaging 23.8MPG in my 08 WRX (5 door 5 speed M). My drive is half highway half city.
    you have a heads up display?

are you in japan?
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Bought a Subie

Between Premium gas and making sure I have enough money to get the family back into a house. I ended up with a Silver/Silver 2008 Subaru Impreza Outback.

While I do have times I wished I went with a WRX, this has been a great car so far. The winter package is great. And its fun in snow. Just broke 1000 miles, so now I can push it.

Anyway thanks for the comments and the advice.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mneitzel View Post
    Between Premium gas and making sure I have enough money to get the family back into a house. I ended up with a Silver/Silver 2008 Subaru Impreza Outback.

While I do have times I wished I went with a WRX, this has been a great car so far. The winter package is great. And its fun in snow. Just broke 1000 miles, so now I can push it.

Anyway thanks for the comments and the advice.
    I like those post pictures.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

i have a 08 wrx in stick and i live in LA California so im mostly driving in the city and im getting about 15.6 mph and i have about 400 miles on my car its not the best car on gas but its def. worth getting but not in auto

Pics will be posted, when I can get some of this Wisconsin salt off. snow is fun with this car. However, I wish most everyone would get out of the way, No fun stuck in traffic....

16.5 mpg. Ok, I might have been alright, but the wife would n't. Getting 23mpg , just hit 1000, up to 25mpg on last tank. Single digits temps. so go figure.

16.5 mpg. Ok, I might have been alright, but the wife would n't. Getting 23mpg , just hit 1000, up to 25mpg on last tank. Single digits temps. so go figure.
    I'm at 1100 miles and getting an average of around 22 mpg - 18 mpg if I do more in-town driving and 23 mpg on the highway.

Pics will be posted, when I can get some of this Wisconsin salt off. snow is fun with this car. However, I wish most everyone would get out of the way, No fun stuck in traffic....

Yeah, my DSM looks like butt because of all this damn salt. Some counties are worse than others though. Outagamie and winnebago suck. My DSM has gone from about 250 miles on a tank to just around 200, and that was all highway. Hope to see you around in my new Subaru.

I am the proud owner of a 2008 Red WRX Hatch. Right now, 2500 miles, my wife and I regularly get above 24mpg on the highway. That is at close to legal speeds. If, theoretically, you were to travel at 85mph for a tankful, your mileage, theoretically, might only be 21mpg. I have a 2002 2.5RS that doesn't get much, if any, better mileage. The 2003 WRX wagon I traded in got slightly better mileage at legal speeds.
    Could be the OLDEST "junior" member on this forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.