New WRX owner- WRB 03
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New WRX owner- WRB 03 within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys just wanted to say hello as im new to these cars. I just did the paperwork yesterday on ...

New WRX owner- WRB 03

Hey guys just wanted to say hello as im new to these cars. I just did the paperwork yesterday on a 2003 WRB WRX with up-pipe, downpipe, lowering springs, and maybe a few other mods I didn't catch. I'll be picking the car up from the dealership sometime next week and can't wait!!! Anyways this seems like a great forum, and I look forward to meeting you all, and learning about these fun cars in the near future! -Rex

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the club! Post pics of your car when you get it!
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE #524
    "Life isn't about the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away"

Welcome....

wait... your name is Rex?

Quote Originally Posted by SuBiEklD View Post
    Welcome to the club! Post pics of your car when you get it!
    Will do! I can't wait to drive it home... stupid blizzard outside would pretty fun in the WRX :-)

Jebus- Yep my name really is Rex...coincidence I guess

Also Guys I had a few quick questions im hoping you can help answer:

1)The downpipe on the car looks to be a polished steel (catless version), with a vertical name tag / plate facing the rear of the car..but I could only barely see the top of the plate with some lettering on it. Anyone know what brand of down-pipe that would be???

2)This car apparently didn't come with the stock boost gauge option- does anyone know where I can pick up a single 52mm boost gauge / pod without breaking the bank that will look like the stock boost gauge option?

3)Where is the best shop to get exterior WRX parts? Im looking for some high quality Fog light mesh covers, STi Hood scoop, and painted sideskirts.

Thanks a bunch fellas!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club.

It could be several. I know my Perrin dp looked like that.

As for where to buy stiff check out our vendor forum.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Welcome to the club.

It could be several. I know my Perrin dp looked like that.

As for where to buy stiff check out our vendor forum.
    Thanks for the info! I was thinking it might have been Perrin because the top / last letter I could make out looked like it could have been a N. Also as far as the vendors go- I have looked through many of their websites- are they all pretty good about fast shipping on in stock parts?

I have really been looking at Gruppe-S, fastwrx.com, and subydude for some parts- are they all pretty good as far as service, and part delivery? Thanks again folks!

www.jscspeed.com i have dealt with, great service, shipped out next business day from PA. Most are great to deal with if located in our vendor forum.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

welcome to the club

i like jscspeed
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!

+1 on http://www.jscspeed.com/wrx/wrx_base.html

Another great one: http://www.thekingofparts.com/servlet/StoreFront
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX View Post
    Greetings and welcome to the club!

+1 on http://www.jscspeed.com/wrx/wrx_base.html

Another great one: http://www.thekingofparts.com/servlet/StoreFront
    Thanks for all the good sites guys! I signed the papers today and will probably be picking it up Thursday or Friday-Happy Holidays all!
    2003 WRB WRX - BUGEYE Mafia # 160
    2003 Torch Red Mach 1 Mustang
    316rwhp / 326 rwtq
    13.20 @ 107.5

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    rex is a ****ing awesome name! anyway, welcome and congrats on the new car. be safe!

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Post Pics. Have fun, don't die.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

Picked up the car today and brought it home! Everything went very well on the 2 hr drive home so i'm pretty happy. I DO have 2 questions about noises i'm now noticing from the car....Please help me diagnose these if you can

1) when running at idle, with the hood open or closed (louder when open of course), it sounds like there is a steady "knock knock knock" noise coming from the passenger side of the motor somewhere...or at least thats where it seems to be the loudest. Is this normal for the boxer motors? Its loud enough to hear a few feet away with the hood down- if not normal...any ideas what this sound could be from?

2) After it has been run hard, there is a "tweaty bird" sound (very loud at times), coming from the turbo (I pretty much tracked it down). This is only when I am barely on the gas, or gradually decellerating in gear. As soon as I go partial or WOT the noise ceases with the regular turbo spooling sounds. This sound is very evident in 4th and 5th gear just cruising down the road. Is this a sign of a turbocharger going bad, bad bearings, too much shaft play, etc? Thanks!

All of these noised aside, the car runs very strongly and I am very impressed with it! Only mods I have been able to find Is an aftermarket up-pipe (catless with flex section),an aftermarket catless downpipe, lowering springs (anybody recognize the drop?), and slotted front rotors. I got it from a dealer so i am unsure if the car ever had any form of EM...but it definetly scoots like it! Here are some pics I snapped today

Car is WRB (obviously lol), with 41k on the odometer. Glad to be part of the community!
    2003 WRB WRX - BUGEYE Mafia # 160
    2003 Torch Red Mach 1 Mustang
    316rwhp / 326 rwtq
    13.20 @ 107.5

I Support ClubWRX
    There is a ticking/knocking that is very normal for the wrx.

I don't exactly know what a tweety bird sound is but I suppose it could be the bypass valve release you are hearing.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.