New WRX Owner, Suspension Question

This is a discussion on New WRX Owner, Suspension Question within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey people... I just picked up my first Subie about 50 hours ago. I had a Celica GT before, so ...

New WRX Owner, Suspension Question

Hey people... I just picked up my first Subie about 50 hours ago. I had a Celica GT before, so it's certainly fun getting something with a little more power behind it. However... my Celica had 6 year old stock suspension on it, and whilst it could have done with an upgrade it was still a fairly firm ride. The new WRX seems to have much softer suspension on it. Under average acceleration the rise of the hood is quite significant, and the dip and rise to change gear is very noticeable. If I wiggle the steering quickly from side to side there is a fair amount of body roll. Is this just the way the Impreza behaves, or do I have naff shocks? Is this the difference between a low sports coupe and an average family sedan? (haha, the irony...). I have never driven a performance car with such soft handling characteristics, and this thing appears to have more movement than my wife's '02 stock Protege. Is this normal?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!

Subaru softened the ride on the 2008 models to broaden their appeal. If you start modifying your WRX (many here do) a suspension upgrade will firm up the ride, reign in the roll and make for better handling. Aftermarket parts 2008 are available and many more will be on the way.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Thanks 04.SPT.WRX!

Sigh, this just cost me a fair amount of cash already (don't forget we get ripped off on prices here in Canada). I'll check with the demo car to make sure it's not a fault, and then try to get used to it until I can afford an upgrade in the summer. I was hoping not to mod the car until I start getting familiar with it - gives me something to play around with when I do

Either way, I am sure that I am going to enjoy this car a lot! I just can't wait until it snows...

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links: