Im new

This is a discussion on Im new within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Whats up guys, I've browsed around quite a bit but figured it was time to join. I have a 2003 ...

Im new

Whats up guys,
    I've browsed around quite a bit but figured it was time to join. I have a 2003 cheez-whiz yellow Werx with Autospeed turbo back exhaust, SPT intake and heatshields, Cobb stage 1 accessport tuning, and torque converter (auto). I love it and next mods are gonna be suspension, front mount, and wheels. Pictures to come..
    Blobeye syndicate #1969

:::05wrx::sr*s CBE::autospeed dp::k&ntyphoon::SPT heat shields::Protuned Cobb AP stg.II @16.5psi:::

TRYING TO GET A GROUP TOGETHER FOR PARKING AT CARLISLE PERFORMANCE AND STYLE 2008 PLEASE PM ME IF GOING!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Welcome to the club!
    how come you never say "take the time to explore the link in my signature" anymore?! haha

welcome!

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Where in CNY do you live im from cooperstown

Welcome I have a sonic yellow 03 wagon
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    how come you never say "take the time to explore the link in my signature" anymore?! haha

welcome!
    most n00bs dont take the time, they're impatient and want it all now!!!

thats my guess
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

Welcome to Club WRX.
    Pete.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

+1 on the "Where you from?" - I just left SUNY Bing for good on Friday

Quote Originally Posted by snowsubie0089
    next mods are gonna be suspension, front mount, and wheels. Pictures to come..
    FMIC + stock turbo = turbo lag.

A FMIC will give a more aggressive look, but it will actually hurt the performance of your car. You're better off spending that money on other things until you get a larger turbo (which, you'll need the FMIC for).
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Answers to your questions:

First off yes technically my name and intro page are noob but i've been on forums for everything i've owned and believe me i know when to hate on people for not searching so dont worry haha. Im 18 and have had 11 cars in two years so i've had my fun... 318is, a4, 2.5rs(MY00), gsr, prelude, xterra, 2 exploders, 07 ex civic, 07 si civic, forester and now number twelve the werx.

Second, I currently attend corning community college and live in Horseheads New York, very close to bing and i've spent many nights at bing haha, matter-a fact that was probably your subie parked in one of the back lots up by the apartments by the late model bmw that i saw last time i was up there haha.

and yes fmic does lead to turbo lag but turbo lag leads to the v34 im prepping for. Thanks guys!
    Blobeye syndicate #1969

:::05wrx::sr*s CBE::autospeed dp::k&ntyphoon::SPT heat shields::Protuned Cobb AP stg.II @16.5psi:::

TRYING TO GET A GROUP TOGETHER FOR PARKING AT CARLISLE PERFORMANCE AND STYLE 2008 PLEASE PM ME IF GOING!

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    if you have a turbo back exhaust why dont you flash stage 2 on your acessport
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I Support ClubWRX
    matter-a fact that was probably your subie parked in one of the back lots up by the apartments by the late model bmw that i saw last time i was up there haha.
    I was the only person on campus with a PSM STi (only other STi's I knew about were the black/white hawkeyes, and a WRB blobeye), so it was definitely mine if you saw it lol

and yes fmic does lead to turbo lag but turbo lag leads to the v34 im prepping for. Thanks guys!
    You'd be better off spending the money on an STi TMIC rather than a FMIC if you're going with the vf34.

Put that money you save towards a Protune, where you'll unlock the full potential out of your mods
    Last edited by EJ257; 12-17-2007 at 01:06 PM.

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club!

Cheese Whiz yellow, eh? Pics please.

I don't think I have ever seen anyone use an area code for location.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

A) I really wanna go stage 2. The ****ty thing is i need a new ap. Does anyone have one willing to sell? I found one on ebay for around $230 seems pretty cheap considering it was over 3 times that from cobb. And i'd like to find the time to run a new up pipe.

B)Yeah then it was definately your psm. small world huh. haha

C)The new i/c has moved to about the last thing on my list at this point. I really need to invest in suspension. But i do like your idea with the sti top mount, did you have a protune done? I looked into it a little bit and i need to find out how far i'll have to travel to get it done. I do however know of a person locally who is well known for tuning almost anything and runs a motorsports club that i have to get ahold of. His buddies werx is running low 13's and he's basically been behind everything so far.

D)Cheez-whiz aka sonic yellow haha. and yeah i figured i'd meet more people with the 607 area code instead of Horseheads NY haha.
    Blobeye syndicate #1969

I Support ClubWRX
    B)Yeah then it was definately your psm. small world huh. haha
    Well, the nice thing about the STi is that you don't see too many of them, so when you see them around, it's easier to tell who it belongs to. You wouldn't have been the person who put a note under my wiper blade saying "nice ride", would you?

C)The new i/c has moved to about the last thing on my list at this point. I really need to invest in suspension. But i do like your idea with the sti top mount, did you have a protune done? I looked into it a little bit and i need to find out how far i'll have to travel to get it done. I do however know of a person locally who is well known for tuning almost anything and runs a motorsports club that i have to get ahold of. His buddies werx is running low 13's and he's basically been behind everything so far.
    My car is bone stock, so I haven't done the Protune. The VF34 comes stock on the STi, so the STi TMIC would definitely provide adequate cooling for you - you can probably pick one up used for $400-500 (I believe it's like $550 new), which would definitely save you some $$ rather than going with the FMIC. Eventually, I want to get the TurboXS Stealthback system, and after that, I'll end up getting a Protune. I have heard good things about XX Tuning in CT, and living outside Albany, that'll probably be where I go to get mine done. There probably is a good tuning shop in PA (maybe around the Philly area - 04.SPT.WRX might be able to point you in the right direction), which would be nice, seeing as though Bing is like 10 miles from the border (I used to buy kegs from PA because they were $50).

Anyway, best of luck

UNYSOC

haha thats funny about the kegs. Wasn't me that left the note although i was thinking about doing it haha. I have family in CT and MA so im gonna look into that area and maybe stay up there for a couple days and have it done. Haha cheaper kegs in PA just like cheaper cigarettes lol. Thanks guys!
    Blobeye syndicate #1969