new member, thinking of an STI - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on new member, thinking of an STI within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by jeffmm06 uhh an STi motor,TBE, UP pipe, and EM... on a MY02-03 5spd trans? Sounds like a ...

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmm06 View Post
    uhh an STi motor,TBE, UP pipe, and EM... on a MY02-03 5spd trans?
    Sounds like a nice recipe for a blown trans.
    Not really, it depends on how u drive. Thats alot of power, but its probably not exceeding 325 awhp. There are tons of guys on the forum with stock wrx trannies that havent blown tranny pushing close to a little over 300 + awhp.

But then again, over time I can see it blowin. Next on that list shouldve been if you cant find an STI tranny, get PPG gears

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i found a 2004 on KBB that wasnt a true STI, had an STI front and rear end conversion aswell as STI interior and STI motor with 6k on it but 110K on the original chassis. But it also has ALOT of upgraded parts, rims, hood, roof scoop or vent whatever they wanna call it, tinting, intake, exhaust, downpipe, upgraded turbo. And that one was 15k.

hmmmm

People sell cars like that becasue they are tired of dealing with problems, one after another. I'm telling you man find a stock car. You'll be happy you did.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

i can beleive it man, and im trying, i just did a search on KBB for a random car, impreza wrx sti, 2004, with just from the factory stuff, cd player and power windows, locks, all that stuff. Put down that it had 60,000 miles and it came up to be like almost 21k in excellent condition...

All the "un-molested" STI's are easily over 20.

Dayum.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by desert2007 View Post
    i found a 2004 on KBB that wasnt a true STI, had an STI front and rear end conversion aswell as STI interior and STI motor with 6k on it but 110K on the original chassis. But it also has ALOT of upgraded parts, rims, hood, roof scoop or vent whatever they wanna call it, tinting, intake, exhaust, downpipe, upgraded turbo. And that one was 15k.

hmmmm
    sounds off, but i would look into it see if they have dyno sheets of the motor and get us pics and description of the mods,
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

im trying i just re-searched KBB twice for the car and its not showing up, maybe someone else got it... or fell for it? lol

yeah unfortunally that is the price you would be looking at for an STi, i just couldnt afford that, i have house to save for when i move from home, the wrx i got a loan with a low %, im enjoying every minute of it
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

im leaving home in less than a month, so ill have at least 500$ a month for rent on top of paying off this car as soon as i can get my credit up a little bit. But in that time i will also know weither ill have the expendable income to get the car.

Ive been wondering, anyone know if a STI will smoke a civic coupe with a k20 (dohc VTEC motor) thats boosted and put together right (both cars with intake and exhaust).

Ive seen mildly tuned civics with a k20 that are boosted hitting around 280 FWHP. Being that the motor alone puts out around 220.

Eric.

K cars can get pretty fast. Last time I went to an open drag in California Speedway last year, we saw a k20 R(not a type s, but the jdm type r) civic hatchback eg, $1K header, $1k Kpro em, an suspenion, completely gutted with slicks running open header =

12.6 quarter

Mind you this is just bolt ons, no headwork, no work done on the block, stock.

Top end they will own subarus.. sad but true.

yeah but im still pretty sure i want a subie. main thing i want to get away from is FWD, i dont like front wheel drive AT ALL. Id rather have a rear wheel drive or all wheel drive.

Honestly if a 350z had more than 2 darn seats i'd want it, or an infiniti g35 but they cost booku dinero!

Quote Originally Posted by desert2007 View Post
    yeah but im still pretty sure i want a subie. main thing i want to get away from is FWD, i dont like front wheel drive AT ALL. Id rather have a rear wheel drive or all wheel drive.

Honestly if a 350z had more than 2 darn seats i'd want it, or an infiniti g35 but they cost booku dinero!
    SOmeone Posted this in a thread a while back I thought it was hilarious.

But FYI i own a 03 wrx and a 94 civic hatch (commuter).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FWD.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by mikercp View Post
    SOmeone Posted this in a thread a while back I thought it was hilarious.

But FYI i own a 03 wrx and a 94 civic hatch (commuter).
    lmao thats great. I love this site by the way, everyone around here seems to be good peeps! Even if i dont get my prized subie i hope to stay around this place.

Good show.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12