newb queries

This is a discussion on newb queries within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; What up everyone? im looking to buy either an impreza or wrx, the sti is pretty much out of the ...

Question newb queries

What up everyone?

im looking to buy either an impreza or wrx, the sti is pretty much out of the question for me. i want to know a few things about the 2.

first of all i know both are AWD. the wrx is turbo, imprez isnt. i wanna get an 04-05 because i like the front end best.

what are the main differences between the impreza and the wrx? is the suspension all the same? if not, what are the differences?

is the engine the same just minus a turbo and intercooler on the wrx?

if i were to get an impreza, how hard is it to swap motors from a wrx into it? and how much do the motors run for?

could i just turbo the impreza down the line in a year or so? do they make kits?

sorry, bunch of newb questions i know but im new to the whole subaru scene but am really excited to learn about them and get one sometime soon. thanks everyone.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by imprezable View Post
    What up everyone?

im looking to buy either an impreza or wrx, the sti is pretty much out of the question for me. i want to know a few things about the 2.

first of all i know both are AWD. the wrx is turbo, imprez isnt. i wanna get an 04-05 because i like the front end best.

what are the main differences between the impreza and the wrx? is the suspension all the same? if not, what are the differences?

is the engine the same just minus a turbo and intercooler on the wrx?

if i were to get an impreza, how hard is it to swap motors from a wrx into it? and how much do the motors run for?

could i just turbo the impreza down the line in a year or so? do they make kits?

sorry, bunch of newb questions i know but im new to the whole subaru scene but am really excited to learn about them and get one sometime soon. thanks everyone.

Ok first off Google it. Second off, Impreza is Subaru's sub family that are cars are classed in. Impreza RS is a Non-turbo 2.5l boxer engine, wrx is a 2.0l turbo (2.5l after 2006) and WRX STI is a 2.5l turbo as well. It would be a complete waste of money to buy an RS newer than 2001 and do an engine swap. What exactly do you want? Boosting a 2.5 RS would also be a waste of money.

So anyway think of it this way. If you want performance get an STI if you want cheap"ER" performance pick up a WRX and if you cant afford insurance on either of them or the price tag pick up a 2.5RS and drive it. You will have more money wrapped up in a swap than you would just picking up a used STI.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club!

If you want STi performance, the cheapest route is to just buy an STi.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

I Support ClubWRX
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC