Another New Guy - Ohio

This is a discussion on Another New Guy - Ohio within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys. I just joined up and thought I'd say hello. Currently I use a leased Corolla for a DD ...

Another New Guy - Ohio

Hey guys.

I just joined up and thought I'd say hello.

Currently I use a leased Corolla for a DD (badass I know) and I have an FC RX-7 for a 'fun' car. The RX-7 has been my off and on project for about a year now, since I only really have time over the weekends to work on it. It went from a stock N/A with a blown rotary to an LT1 powered V8 RX-7 complete with a 6 speed transmission. It is a blast to drive when it is working correctly but I haven't quite gotten a chance to finish it up for good yet.

Anyway, the reason I am here is I thought I would start doing some price research. The lease on the DD is up in the fall and I am going to need another car. I'm thinking about either an A4 Quattro or a WRX. I would like awd because of where I live; we have already had two days this winter that resulted in roads being completely covered in snow. The decision will probably be price dependent, as it seems that A4's are going for cheaper than WRX's. I will probably have a budget of around 8-10k unless I sell the Mazda down the road, but I'm not positive yet, time will tell. I'm not sure if that can even get a high mileage WRX but that's why I'm here.

Anyway, I just thought I'd post and say hello.

Here is a video and some pictures of the RX-7. I did all the work and I learned a lot, especially on how not to wire a car. I will fix it this winter.

^Yes, that is PVC pipe.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3VoUlf3ovt4
    ^Really boring walk-around video.
    Last edited by De-Apex'd 7; 12-09-2007 at 09:48 AM.
    Car: 1989 Mazda RX7 GXL
    Driveline: 1993 LT1 Engine/T56 Trans
    Mods: 160 Thermostat, Summit Shorties, CSR W/P, PCMforless chip, WS6store 6in Shift Stick, EGR/AC/PS/AIR/Oil Cooler/TB Coolant System Removed

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hello and welcome to the club
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING