drove the new STi !
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on drove the new STi ! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I had an opportunity yesterday to drive the new sti. It had the 19" BBS wheels with high performance summer ...

Cool drove the new STi !

I had an opportunity yesterday to drive the new sti. It had the 19" BBS wheels with high performance summer tires and I like in chicago where we got 5 inches of snow. that being said it was still an amazing ride. It was incredibly smooth on the highway. No harsh bumps, minimal road noise and the worlds best clutch. No matter how high i revved or how hard i pushed it, each gear dropped right into place with no lag what-so-ever. they really did an amazing job and i cannot wait to go out and buy one.

Has anyone else driven one yet?

~newbie

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Last edited by stime88; 12-05-2007 at 10:07 AM.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I didn't think any were on the lots yet.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, not to be a doubting Thomas, but are you sure it was an '08 STI, and not an '08 WRX or an '07 STI? Most sources are saying that we have another month before they start arriving at U.S. dealerships. Photos?
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

agreed. Dealers wont have them until at least mid/late January - most likely sometime February. we just received info on ordered ones that we did and they are in the first group and expected to be here mid or late January.

The west coast seems to usually see them first and they filter from there. The only ones known to be in the US are only a couple of cars running around with either magazines for reviews or with quality control types. I think someone said there was one in CA and one in texas.

was it actually for sale? can you go back and get pictures? maybe it was a rep car or quality control vehicle in there for service for some reason? There was a dealer on here (or some other subie forum) that snapped off a couple pictures of one that stopped in for a CEL.

maybe it was a 2008 WRX hatch?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

It was definitely the 08. I have a friend whos an automotive journalist and he had the car for a week.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by stime88 View Post
    It was definitely the 08. I have a friend whos an automotive journalist and he had the car for a week.
    Cool,what mag does he write for?
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by josnroh View Post
    Cool,what mag does he write for?
    +1

Welcome to the club!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by stime88 View Post
    There's a Motor Trend guy living down the street from me and he comes home with a new (and I mean brand spankin' new) car every week. I remember when he brought home the 08 WRX, I couldn't stop looking at it. Can't wait till the STI comes around, hopefully soon.

Maybe it's time to switch careers...

Welcome to zee Club!
    2002 WRB
    VF34, EDM projectors, TEIN Flex coilovers, STi RA tranny, Brembos, STi interior, etc.

This car is such a beast. I almost wish that I didn't buy my 08 and held out for the STi. That controllable differential is so sick!!!
    2008 Metallic Gray WRX

i usually get invited to drive all of the new subarus... weird
    pics or ban
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by broosewee View Post
    There's a Motor Trend guy living down the street from me and he comes home with a new (and I mean brand spankin' new) car every week. I remember when he brought home the 08 WRX, I couldn't stop looking at it. Can't wait till the STI comes around, hopefully soon.!
    You should be better friends with that guy!

i think i'll go to the dealership and test drive one today

its raining here so I cant go lookin awesome on the bike

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.