Convince me to get a wrx
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Convince me to get a wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys i just signed up here wanting to know a little more. Currently own an 03 miata and in ...

Convince me to get a wrx

Hey guys i just signed up here wanting to know a little more. Currently own an 03 miata and in the market for a new car, for the longest time ive been wanting an s2000 but after seeing the nicest wrx drive past me today almost changed my mind. What i like about the wrx is the fact that it comes turbo and has alot more low end torque so it would probably be better to drive around town than the s2000 where it has no power till about 6000 rpm. But although i think the s2000 looks more luxurious imo.

Another thing that might draw me away from the wrx is that i heard maintenance is a pain in the ass like 3 hour spark plug changes etc... But that basic mods like intake and exhaust have much more of an effect than if i would get an intake or exhaust on the s2k.

How is the handling compared to an s2k or a miata? Not looking for a car to autocross but i like some decent handling, any suggestions or opinions you guys have let me know and hopefully itll be enough to convince me. thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by qbmurderer13 View Post
    Hey guys i just signed up here wanting to know a little more. Currently own an 03 miata and in the market for a new car, for the longest time ive been wanting an s2000 but after seeing the nicest wrx drive past me today almost changed my mind. What i like about the wrx is the fact that it comes turbo and has alot more low end torque so it would probably be better to drive around town than the s2000 where it has no power till about 6000 rpm. But although i think the s2000 looks more luxurious imo.

Another thing that might draw me away from the wrx is that i heard maintenance is a pain in the ass like 3 hour spark plug changes etc... But that basic mods like intake and exhaust have much more of an effect than if i would get an intake or exhaust on the s2k.

How is the handling compared to an s2k or a miata? Not looking for a car to autocross but i like some decent handling, any suggestions or opinions you guys have let me know and hopefully itll be enough to convince me. thanks

The S2K and Miata will handle better than the WRX, but if you are willing to trade a little bit of handling for a butt load of torque than you'll enjoy it. Test drive one yet?
    05 STi for sale, 400hp, 50k miles, only 17k

Done.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture 3.jpg  

Hawk-Eye Alliance- #2121
    Dirty Crew #2121
    New England F4
    "Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac."

Quote Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
    Done.
    You beat me to it
    Hawk-Eye Alliance- #2121
    Dirty Crew #2121
    New England F4
    "Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac."

lol thats cool and everything but i dont plan on doing any of that lol but yea i could use the torque much more than the handling.

the bad thing here is that theres not alot of used wrx's around my area, and im looking for a used one. but no i havent test drove one yet.

Test drive a newer one at the dealership and then scoure autotrader.com for a used one. Good luck.
    05 STi for sale, 400hp, 50k miles, only 17k

yeah i have been looking at autotrader, and the only ones i can find are from private sellers, im trying to find one from some sort of dealer so i can finance it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Go used STI.

"When you go 0-6 in 4.6 secs, you dont need a made up character called FAST."

STI with TBE and ECU tune hits mid to low 12's all day long. Also comes with a bullet proof 6spd tranny (with reverse lockout), DCCD, handles the skid pad with .9Gs. All this with the utility of 4 doors and fun of a turbo. It also happens to be one of the most efficient bang for buck mod-able cars out there. What more convincing do you need?

Oh and...sorry man, but nobody NOBODY NOBODY looks cool in a Miata. Whats that analogy with mopeds and fat chics.....
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

The wrx stock still handles well, and if it still isnt up to what your looking for, you could always upgrade the suspension. I recently bought a 04 wrx and i think it handles very well, I might buy cusco sways and endlinks so take it up another level, but it already handles very well, and for reference my father owns a Miata we were going to make a track car and never did, so its for sale now, but the point being that i know how that car handles and everything and I think the wrx handles well so I dont think you will be disappointed, if anything id put money on you being impressed after a test drive.

edit: And to go off of the post above me, I really don't like being seen in the miata, and the s2k isnt big enough and kinda buzzy imo
    2004 WRB WRX Stage2+ << SOLD
    2004 PSM STi << FOR SALE
    Blobeye Syndicate # 32
    Dirty Crew # 32
    Quote Originally Posted by RealDealTarheel View Post
    They're usually way too busy popping their BOV's at me anyways. If I put an anti-neon sign on my FMIC I'd really never get to grocery shop in peace.

Cant afford a used STI, budget is about 17,000. Another problem is trying to find one stock.

I can deal with mediocre handling, as long as i could easily get this car into low 14's or high 13's.

well here goes.
    i've spent less than 15000 dollars and i have a car that can run a 13.1, have a crapload of fun at any autoX or rallyX, I get 30MPG on the highway, super easy to work on, i could go forever.

just get it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by qbmurderer13 View Post

I can deal with mediocre handling, as long as i could easily get this car into low 14's or high 13's.
    Stock WRX is advertised at 14.1 in the 1320. OTS Stage 2 I ran a 13.8. Now with a protune and a buttload more power, I think I could easily hit 13 flats.

My car (wrx) handles very well (over 1g lateral) with STi springs, Front and rear sway bars, and endlinks, and urethane bushings.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I am done trying. Get the Miada. If you wanted something else, you would get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
    I am done trying. Get the Miada. If you wanted something else, you would get it.
    what are you talking about....?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.