Convince me to get a wrx - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Convince me to get a wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 06wrx4me Key words. Your speaking the truth oh wise one...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Key words.
    Your speaking the truth oh wise one

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The WRX is definitely the most practical choice.

Have you considered a 350Z, it's a little more practical than the S2K, (closed roof more cargo space though still not alot), has more torque, it's cheaper than the S2k and a bit faster than the WRX in stock form. Downside is modding is expensive and its more common than the S2k, plus lacks the practicality of the WRX. I'm a bit biased though.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Twigman503 View Post
    ya, i'm pretty sure thats stock too. still though, wrx is tons of fun, i doubt u live near snow or it would be no contest. even just the stock WRX is gonna impress you with low end and off the line acceleration.
    "90 miles an hour through trees sideways is pretty damn scary" ~Ken Block

Get the WRX.

There, I've done my part.
    Follow the goddamn prompts!!!!! - Tech Support

'06 WRX TR Aspen White - SOLD
    '96 Mazda Miata - Current Toy

Former Hawk-Eye Alliance #034

Get a wrx or well all come kick your ass at once!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LOLS
    seriously get it man!
    Previous owner of Rubie a 2005 WRX
    New owner of Molly a 2009 WRX
    Rally armor UR FTW/Red tail light mod w/insert
    **Catback in 2 months!

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Super_HKS View Post
    Get a wrx or well all come kick your ass at once!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LOLS
    seriously get it man!
    +1
    Get one or else teh Bugeye Mafia will be paying you a visit.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Ok, so the facts are...You live in Florida, you drive a little 2 seater, always wanted an S2K, but decided "maybe I want a WRX because I saw a cool one go by."

I will be buying a rex wagon soon, because it's something I've always wanted, and fits my needs perfectly...I have a wife and a kid, live in northern Ohio (AWD will help in the winters), and want a car with some kick on the way to the grocery store.

I'm just trying to figure out what your needs are. Do you have fams? Is this going to be your main/only source of transport? Will you be comfortable with the limited space of an S2K? Will you be comfortable with the added upkeep of a boosted AWD car?

There are pros and cons on both sides of the fence, but it sounds to me like you've always wanted the Honda and you're already used to lil coupes.

If you are cross-shopping wrx's and s2k's then you might want to think a little more about what kind of car you want. Stock for stock, an s2k is a much better performance car imho because it handles better and brakes better. If it's s2k vs. STI the gap closes, but for me, the S2K would be more fun, RWD, high revs, etc. If torque floats your boat, then the STI would be the choice or a WRX with stg2 etc. The wrx seats 5 though. I have one because I wanted the most fun practical car I could get. Stock they honestly don't handle that great, but still much better than your average car. I feel that department can be easily taken care of though: I'm doing my suspension in a month so I'll see for myself.
    Keith
    79 Porsche 930
    07 Subaru WRX Wagon

If you need convincing to buy a WRX...then you should be driving a Honda!

:-D

I couldn't be convinced not to buy one... I LOVE my WRX!!
    A kick ass Girl with a kick ass car. Think I'm "just" a lady driver? Go ahead chump...race me!

gil
    My 06 rex is the most fun and practical 4 door car I've ever owned. And my kids love it.
    With great power comes great responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby-Girl View Post
    If you need convincing to buy a WRX...then you should be driving a Honda!

:-D

I couldn't be convinced not to buy one... I LOVE my WRX!!
    +1 my parents tried for weeks and my dad kept sayin i'll regret getting the stick shift but not a day goes by that i wish i could change a single thing bout my car!
    Blob-Eye Syndicate #121 MY04 Stage 1 WRB STi
    Dirty Crew #89 like it dirty? Dirty Thread!
    "0-60 Faster Than Your First Sexual Experience!"
    Gettin Sideways At El Mirage
    The Best Video YouTube's Ever Seen!
    Courtesy of SomeGuy 217 Productions

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Oh and...sorry man, but nobody NOBODY NOBODY looks cool in a Miata. Whats that analogy with mopeds and fat chics.....
    haha couldn't think of anyhting truer
    '02 PSM WRX stg 2
    '67 camaro (my dad's, but hopefully one day i can delete these parenthesis)

bugeye mafia #161

Quote Originally Posted by budahrocket View Post
    haha couldn't think of anyhting truer
    Honestly.. i dont know why you guys rag on the Miata so much.

I myself am a fan of all great sports cars and the Miata is right up there in my book. The car requires more finesse and skill to drive than a WRX and it is a lot more fun to drive on regular roads IMO. This is coming from a guy who rallies as well. Hell... i have even seen miata's rallied and beat WRX's. (tarmac and gravel... on gravel the WRX drivers were just slow).

To the rest of the world the Miata is a very well respected machine and has a huge following of enthusiasts.. even here in America! The car can have more modifications done to it.... and if you slap a turbo in it it will kill a WRX pretty easily on track. It has way more aftermarket support and custom parts made for it and is an absolute blast to drive. Plus you can swap rotaries from RX-7's as well as LS1 V8's, twin turbo V8's, mustang 5.0 V8's.. imagine that power and torque in the little miata.

It is a great car but so is the WRX... especially the STI. They both are great machines and have loads of potential. So for those of you making fun of the miata so much.. i doubt you have driven one and if you cant realize the cars potential then i doubt you know much about your cars.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    ^^ well said
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

i speak from expierence from both cars, i drive a WRX daily and my mom has an AP2 S2K. and you know i love both cars. my WRX is hands down faster in a straight line, cornering would deff go to the S2K, but day to day driving i would never trade my WRX for an S2K. my mom talks about how she spins the tires and has to drive super slow in the rain, my WRX loves the rain, it refuses to hydroplane whatever the speed. and the ride of a WRX it is well controlled and never feels overdamped. while the S2K seems to crash over bumps and beat you up. ive also had the great chance of driving both on the street, track, and autocross. on the track the hands down fun has to go to the S2K the only thing funner than that car would be sex. autocross... a tie the wrx is super stable and easy to lay down a quick time, while the S2K is touchyer and a bit more difficult to drive. and daily on the street, hands down WRX no competition. if its a consolation when my car is at home and i have the MR2 up at college my parents drive my car instead of their own because its fun to drive. like i said mom has S2K, and dad has a 330i. and they both think my car is a blast. so i would recomend the WRX as an amazing car, and expierence with both.

Matt
    UTA FSAE FTW!!!!

Cars
    1993 MR2 Turbo- SOLD
    2004 WRX - SOLD
    2008 Civic Si

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast