Convince me to get a wrx - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Convince me to get a wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; if you actually read it you would see that im debating between the s2k and the wrx and that i ...

if you actually read it you would see that im debating between the s2k and the wrx and that i currently own a miata

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i know but i cant make a joke about comparing the s2k and the wrx lol IMO i love em both! not quite equally the wrx is more fun because of its all-year driveability and kick ass bang-for-your-buck performance! but i haven't driven the s2k you should go test drive the wrx and see for yourself!
    Blob-Eye Syndicate #121 MY04 Stage 1 WRB STi
    Dirty Crew #89 like it dirty? Dirty Thread!
    "0-60 Faster Than Your First Sexual Experience!"
    Gettin Sideways At El Mirage
    The Best Video YouTube's Ever Seen!
    Courtesy of SomeGuy 217 Productions

Quote Originally Posted by qbmurderer13 View Post
    yeah i have been looking at autotrader, and the only ones i can find are from private sellers, im trying to find one from some sort of dealer so i can finance it.
    first of all i have driven the s2k...in my opinion they are too small and i am 175lbs 5'8" so im not a big guy. i also much rather prefer the AWD over RWD. It SUCKS in snow..but your in florida so just wet roads...AWD you'll never worry about spinning tires from a stop, and awesome traction.

private sellers in my opinion may be better than dealers (unless an actual subaru dealer) just look more signs it was modded. If you find your car from a private seller goto your bank/credit union and take out a loan. Thats what i did and got a 5.9% interest rate. It was a credit union so naturally lower than banks but you may even find a lower rate from the bank than the dealer...check it out!

Good luck

i got my wrx 6 months ago and love every second im in it. i would never trade it for anything, except an STi
    Last edited by jeffmm06; 12-04-2007 at 07:20 PM.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

I Support ClubWRX
    LOL, come to Boone NC - There are WRXs for sale everywhere. I would guess there are four at the Honda dealer any day of the week. Per capita I think we are the WRX capitol of the world.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX
    I too looked hard at buying an S2000 before the subaru. I drove 4 of them, and felt the same way about the small cockpit. If it was just gonna be a cruiser itd be ok, but the lack of torque kinda bugged me. I also drove Evo's and RX8's, and looked long and hard at a GTO. Drove a few 350z's too.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Twigman503 View Post
    The exact reason not to buy a wrx. Stupid people like to fly them through the air.

what made u settle on the wrx?

hey ewrx u should probably throw in an "oh yea i was joking" ur gonna get flamed for that one lol

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lbleiweiss View Post
    hey ewrx u should probably throw in an "oh yea i was joking" ur gonna get flamed for that one lol
    BRING IT ON

What the hell, my car has been in the air prior to me purchasing it. Maybe the OP should be aware of such idiocy. I sure wish I did more research on these cars before buying mine. WRX's are magnets for morons.
    Last edited by Not-EWRX; 12-04-2007 at 07:55 PM.

Maybe its our impulsiveness of buying the car that leads to the impulse to go fly off jumps at ridiculous rates of speed...

hah thats y u have to look into ur car well before you buy have mechanics check it out if your not able to do so and go to a mechanic you trust!

Banned
    hah thats y u have to look into ur car well before you buy have mechanics check it out if your not able to do so and go to a mechanic you trust!
    I am in the market as we speak and about 90&#37; of the WRX's out there have had a rough existence. BOV's, CAI, jumps rally, MBC, missing boost lines, there is a guy right now selling his vf-34 powered wrx in Utah that has never been tuned. The stupidity doesn't end. yes there are good owners but there are not enough.
    Last edited by Not-EWRX; 12-04-2007 at 08:08 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    what made u settle on the wrx?
    350z, s2000, rx8 were too small inside, not practicle. You could fit you and a backpack maybe. I really wanted a gto, but they only had 2 doors, insurance was outrageous, and they were same price as an STI.

I liked the Transmission in the s2000 and the start button. The 350z I wasnt hugely impressed with, then again I drove an 06 model not 07. The RX8 had a kick ass cockpit but worthless backseat and trunk, and was down on torque.

Wrx made sense as it handled well, good power, 4 doors, decent room, and cheap. I liked the Sti but it was about k more than I wanted to spend, and I just couldn't get passed the butt ugly blue interior. I hate it with all my being.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Not-EWRX View Post
    I am in the market as we speak and about 90% of the WRX's out there have had a rough existence. BOV's, CAI, jumps rally, MBC, missing boost lines, there is a guy right now selling his vf-34 powered wrx in Utah that has never been tuned. The stupidity doesn't end. yes there are good owners but there are not enough.
    Key words.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I speak from experience. I have an 05 s2000 and a 02 wrx. Stock the s2000 is faster, handles better, brakes better, shifts are more smooth and precise and the car has a more quality interior. If you are comparing the sti to the s2000 then that would be a bit more even. If you are comparing a s2000 to a normal wrx then it is unfair. The price tag on the s2000 is a lot more than that of the wrx. I love both cars. I think that the wrx is a more practical car to own. If this is going to be your only car then get the wrx. If you already have another car/truck to drive then go with the s2k. Hope this helps.
    02 WRX...
    +Invidia V2 Down Pipe
    +Excedy Clutch
    +ACT Flywheel

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast