New Subaru WRX wagon owner here..

This is a discussion on New Subaru WRX wagon owner here.. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys im actually goin to pick up a 2002 WRX wagon today around 1pm(EST). I have a 96' Turbo ...

New Subaru WRX wagon owner here..

Hey guys im actually goin to pick up a 2002 WRX wagon today around 1pm(EST). I have a 96' Turbo Acura Integra and its running @ 10psi making 250whp, so I do know a bit about turbo cars. This wagon definitely didn't have the same power. I have a few questions about it though:

1. What are the main problems that this gen. of WRX wagons have? anything really big to look out for?

2. What is the stock psi for this gen. wagon?

3. I have been looking into doing some mods and some big changes, but I'm wondering is doing a FMIC really better then a TMIC? If i change the hood to have a wider scoop then that should make a big difference right?

Here are some pics...let me know what u think!

http://s209.photobucket.com/albums/b...=wrxwagon1.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    it looks okay. the rally stickers are a bit random and the plastic "bra" in the front is throwing me off a bit

congrats on the purchase though i'm sure you'll enjoy it

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B-wagon View Post
    Hey guys im actually goin to pick up a 2002 WRX wagon today around 1pm(EST). I have a 96' Turbo Acura Integra and its running @ 10psi making 250whp, so I do know a bit about turbo cars. This wagon definitely didn't have the same power. I have a few questions about it though:

1. What are the main problems that this gen. of WRX wagons have? anything really big to look out for?

2. What is the stock psi for this gen. wagon?

3. I have been looking into doing some mods and some big changes, but I'm wondering is doing a FMIC really better then a TMIC? If i change the hood to have a wider scoop then that should make a big difference right?

Here are some pics...let me know what u think!

http://s209.photobucket.com/albums/b...=wrxwagon1.jpg
    depends on what turbo your running but a TMIC is better IMO because to fit a FMIC you need to cut the bumper.

you can get the STI scoop for it and upgrade it to the STI top mount or go aftermarket but you wont need that unless you go beyond stage 2

the one thing that is a weak point on that car is the transmission, if it breaks you get to upgrade to an sti 6 speed or some built gears then the car is ready for serious power.

i love my wagon.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    it looks okay. the rally stickers are a bit random and the plastic "bra" in the front is throwing me off a bit

t

i would take that bra off before driving it off the lot, they disrupt the airflow going into the Intercooler scoop, that is no good.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman

the more i look at the photobucket album the more worried i would be about the car, the photobucket album is full of dyno charts and DIY yourself honda tuning.
    All the stickers and the exhaust i would have a mechanic pour over every inch of the car before buying it, make sure there are not manual boost controls installed, make sure the exhaust is intact. that car makes me nervous for you. good luck.

lol ok yeah i knew the stickers were pretty gay anyways..i dont really care much about those but as for my integra i did do the work but i had a pro tuner tune it for me so its def done right, and i only have 1 dyno chart posted in photobucket lol idk why u said "the photobucket album is full of dyno charts".

i dont plan on upgrading this thing anytime soon but im just interested in seeing what other people have done and hearin their opinions.

and yeah the bra guard i might be takin off didnt really look at that much and didnt even think it would block or take away from air flow to the IC.

thanks for the help wit things guys i appreciate everything you say and hope that i dont get pwned to much for the minor gay stickers lol