Another 08'er (sort of)

This is a discussion on Another 08'er (sort of) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. My girlfriend just bought a 2008 Dark Gray Metallic WRX 5 door w/ ...

Another 08'er (sort of)

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. My girlfriend just bought a 2008 Dark Gray Metallic WRX 5 door w/ the sport grille and w/o the premium package. I don't actually own a WRX, but I can join by proxy, right? ;-)

It's a nice car and I think that it suites her pretty well. She has traded up from a '97 impreza outback. The dealer was pretty desperate to unload the car so she got it for $1200 under invoice w/ 5 miles on the odometer.

We started doing some autocross events recently so I'm looking forward to seeing how the subie does on the course especially w/ some sways and a decent set of tires.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to learning more about the car from you guys and this seems to be a pretty good forum!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club!

Please take some time to explore the link in my signature.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

Welcome to the club.
    Follow the goddamn prompts!!!!! - Tech Support

'06 WRX TR Aspen White - SOLD
    '96 Mazda Miata - Current Toy

Former Hawk-Eye Alliance #034

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    wow... great deal. In Vermont - dealers are coming down from sticker AT ALL on the 08 models. AWD & Turbo tends to sell well!

Your girlfriend must be a harsh negotiator - Good luck with that!
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

Welcome to the club
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by mjboudreaux77 View Post
    wow... great deal. In Vermont - dealers are coming down from sticker AT ALL on the 08 models. AWD & Turbo tends to sell well!

Your girlfriend must be a harsh negotiator - Good luck with that!
    lol, well, she didn't actually do all that much; just signed the papers. I went through the internet fleet manager so it didn't take too long to get to that price. I'm not sure why they just aren't selling all that well right now...maybe it's the whole subprime/forclosure mess that's happening? Parts of the SF Bay Area are getting hit pretty hit w/ that because of the insane home values down here.

I really like the car a lot...I'm pretty jealous. My daily driver is an Acura TL-S. It's a nice car but not as much fun to drive.

lol, the thing I can't get over is what she pays in car insurance. We decided to add her to my policy to get the multi-car discount. For full coverage she's paying $800/year...I remember before I bought my TL, I was quoted at somthing like $1900/year! It must be nice to be a chick!

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flyboy_323 View Post
    I don't actually own a WRX, but I can join by proxy, right?
    No you can't. Ban!!!

Jk, welcome to the club. I hope you & your girlfriend enjoy the WRX as much as we all have ours.
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods