First "mod"..questions
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on First "mod"..questions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was considering doing the snorkus delete mod on my 07 wrx but I was wondering if there is anything ...

First "mod"..questions

I was considering doing the snorkus delete mod on my 07 wrx but I was wondering if there is anything I need to be aware of before removing anything. I've read several of the tutorials and threads on the subject but I still have a couple of questions...

1. After removing the silencer, should I be plugging/covering anything up?

2. I read a post that removing the snorkus would possibly mess with my gas mileage, this true?

3. Is sound really that noticeable? I want some satisfaction from sounds from my engine-without putting a BOV of course

Any help would be appreciated.

ps: Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum. But from what I read in the rules section, this seems to be okay to post
    --Justin

Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    First mods:

1. Read the stickies.
    2. Come acquainted with the search button.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    For performance, StageI (EM) and StageII (TBE+EM) would be the best options for you
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Snorkus good: Silencer=boring

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Next to debadging you trunk, I'd say it's a pretty basic mod. Does nothing for power, pure 100% sound/looks.

Also +1 to the above.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.