Premature greetings and salutations
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Premature greetings and salutations within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Good day to all. New poster here. I have a few months left on my current lease (no more leases!), ...

Premature greetings and salutations

Good day to all. New poster here. I have a few months left on my current lease (no more leases!), which is a honda civic, and finally will have the opportunity to purchase my first WRX. I'm not looking new...probably an '02 or '03. Since I have a wife and son, and make frequent trips to the grocery store, I though that I would do so in a wagon...preferably black.

I can't think of much else to say except that I feel like a little kid just thinking about having my first boosted, awd grocery getter.

Who in these forums has a wagon of those years?
    Thoughts?
    Opinions?

Thanks,
    Jesse

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The WRX wagon is as close to the perfect car as you can get without breaking the bank, IMO. It's a blast to drive and has great utility. You won't be disappointed (except for the paint and rattles, maybe). I had an '04 wagon which was essentially the same as the '02 and '03 and it was great.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Paint and rattles...nice. I had an '02 honda ep hatch (si) a few years ago. Solid car, but it too had some rattles. So, it's something I'm used to. Thanks for the input.

Welcome to the forums! I have a silver 2002 wagon, and I love it. The space is extremely useful for me, as I am frequently hauling bikes, tools, etc. It will easily handle grocery getting duties. The paint does chip easily, and the interior has a few rattles, but for a car in this price range I don't think that is uncommon or unexpected. It's fun to drive, and very reliable - I'm at 110k miles with no major repairs aside from maintenance (and I'm the third owner!)

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the club Jesse!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I clicked on the "questions" link under TheJ's sig. I can see I'm going to be spending some time reading up over there. Great threads BTW.

I Support ClubWRX
    The Mazdaspeed3 is also a decent wagon, but FWD

I really enjoyed driving the WRX wagon ('02) though
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    +1 on the WRX wagon notion. I have 2 kids, enjoy fun cars, and have hobbies that require being able to pack stuff up in a car. A WRX wagon is hard to beat.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Banned
    Do it I wish I owned a wagon

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    I just got a used 03 wrx wagon this summer and it is so much fun, i love the car. i could not live without the space of an suv or wagon, plus I needed a spot for my dog, the WRX wagon is the perfect size for me.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Hi, welcome,

I have a dog, and a baby on the way, I've always owned wagons, a number of Subies. I just bought an '02 WRX wagon and could not be happier, the best handling car I've owned, handling=safety. I drove a lot of cars before buying, almost bought an Audi A4 quattro. I learned the most from reading the Unabomber's Manifesto on NASIOC. I just got a Cobb Stg 2 setup, jeez, very nice. The first thing I noticed when I test drove WRXs was the painfully slow acceleration from 0-2000 rpms, almost got in some accidents in left hand turning situations because of this. With the Cobb Stg 2, much "safer." Heh.

K

Silver 02 wagon all the way. When you get it don't be too excited to do to much modding just learn the car and enjoy the AWD. Once your used to everything "and realize that everything subaru costs alot" then do what you want.

Good Choice on the wagon my buddy has the 05 sti I love the coupe but wouldn't trade the wagon for the world. (ok maybe an STI) don't tell my wagon I said that.
    02 WRX Wagooone!
    Quote Originally Posted by p0rnstar19 View Post
    it was crazy! I stabbed it about 10 times in the jugular and it was still teying to run around. I had the guy who hit it hold it's hind legs... he told me I was crazy. I just didn't want to see it suffer...
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    And just to be a ****, in the movie business we also have Peter North.

Quote Originally Posted by McGizzle View Post
    Good day to all. New poster here. I have a few months left on my current lease (no more leases!), which is a honda civic, and finally will have the opportunity to purchase my first WRX. I'm not looking new...probably an '02 or '03. Since I have a wife and son, and make frequent trips to the grocery store, I though that I would do so in a wagon...preferably black.

I can't think of much else to say except that I feel like a little kid just thinking about having my first boosted, awd grocery getter.

Who in these forums has a wagon of those years?
    Thoughts?
    Opinions?

Thanks,
    Jesse
    Congrats on the decision to buy

I just got into my first WRX last month from a long line of civics as well. I couldnt be happier with my decision. You'll love it.

Hello.

I too am a former Honda leasee (03 Accord coupe). Really great cars and great mpgs. Just a bit boring.

When you go for the WRX wagon (good choice btw), just keep in mind the MPG difference and like others have mentioned, the rattles. Civics are known for good mpg's, but you might as well be dead driving it. And the rattle issue is not so bad, as long as you find a solid, well maintained car. I believe there's threads dedicated to muting those rattles, if you're so inclined to investigate.

Keep us updated and post pics when you get a chance!
    2002 WRB
    VF34, EDM projectors, TEIN Flex coilovers, STi RA tranny, Brembos, STi interior, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast