pics and initial thoughts on 07wrx

This is a discussion on pics and initial thoughts on 07wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Alright, I said I would throw a few of the pics up, but I also want to add a few ...

pics and initial thoughts on 07wrx

Alright, I said I would throw a few of the pics up, but I also want to add a few of my comments, my first take if you will on this car. Keep in mind this is a car I have wanted to buy since early 2002, and I am just now getting it.

Unframed windows - This was a big gripe to me when I first considered the WRX in 02... My gripe was maybe unfounded. I have absolutely zero wind noise, and they just aren't an issue. Makes it cooler looking when doors are open, windows down...

Styling - bugeye to me will always be the coolest looking WRX. I didn't like the 04/05 front end. I was originally considering an 08, and while I find the styling on it OK... it is really boring. Looks like a corolla, Mazda, or Chevy impala - I was OK with that, I've never cared what the WRX looks like, its for driving. BUT - the 06-07, TO ME, is just pure sport. From every angle, this car looks agressive. pure sex. I look at it and smile.

Suspension - I am coming from a low-end 2004 civic, and my biggest thing I love about the WRX is how settled the suspension feels. It never seems to get rattled, gives a great balance of comfort and road feel, and just feels right. regardless of what this car can do on a skidpad or a slalom, its a great, confidence-inspiring setup.

Interior - Love the styling, have always loved the seats, but the back seats are too small, and it is ridiculous there is no fold down seats (good 08 improvement). Stereo is fairly disappointing, reception is just fair, at best, and output is just OK. Love the AUX input, just need to get a new charger for the iPod... Where the heck do you guys put your iPods? there's no good place...except using up a cupholder.

Engine - I love the powerband, though the torque could come a little earlier (again, a nice improvement for 08)... that being said, this seems better than the 02 I originally test drove with the 2.0 way back when. Oh, and this engine is smooth.... this rivals the old Lexus 3.0L I-6 my mom's old GS had, and that car I am sure had a LOT more soundproofing.

OK, now for the pictures. My used, 07 WRX, 16,500 miles. Someone please chip in and tell me the Name of my silver color.

Last edited by rayfound; 11-17-2007 at 08:14 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Wow I don't know what the color is but she is a beaut

CGM I believe it is crystal grey metalic..looks like my color

Looks like mine too. Is it the Limited Ed.? I saw the fog light but no sun roof. Looks SEXY...

2007 WRX Limited Crystal Gray Metallic.
    PROTUNED VF39 (285/300)
    Tuned by BOBBY
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #112
    F T W

no, not LTD. Its the standard-run WRX, not the TR, not the LTD. I don't think I could have gone for a TR, ONLY because of the seat downgrade. The sport seats have been one of the things that keeps me coming back to the WRX over and over.

oh another thing. The compass and the homelink buttons on the mirror rock. all cars should have this.

Thanks for the color info.

Crystal Gray Metallic makes sense...but what distinguishes between "Urban" and "crystal" is beyond me... note to automakers "light gray" and "dark gray" would work fine.

I Support ClubWRX
    She looks great!

-The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I absolutely love the 07 look... I got scared when I was able to afford the WRX and all I could find were 08s.

Back seats are small - which is why I went with the wagon. I still prefer the sedan 100X over the look of the wagon, but the utility combined with 3 kids just made it a no-brainer.

Awesome car man! I look for excuses every day to drive my car. This morning, I drove 20 miles for the morning paper just to stay driving.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

Very nice!!! Enjoy!
    Proud owner of an '04 Scoobie 'Rex San Remo Red
    '62 International Harvester Scout 80
    '96 Pierce Saber Rescue-Pumper
    '99 Pierce Dash 100' Platform ladder
    ***Blobeye Syndicate #951***

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I agree on your comment on unframed windows... I didn't even notice until I got it home. I didn't like it at first, but it is definitely cooler to open/close the doors with the windows down than with a framed window.

That said - WRXs are known for lots of road noise. Mine certainly is!
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by mjboudreaux77 View Post
    That said - WRXs are known for lots of road noise. Mine certainly is!

Yes, but my civic was worse, and with the WRX, I get the benefit of FEELING the road, not just hearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by colorado_okie View Post
    Very nice!!! Enjoy!
    Oh, I am... i just seem to get in and giggle. look out the window and smile... It really is a car I have always adored (since it was released here), and I knew eventually I would get one.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rayfound View Post
    Yes, but my civic was worse, and with the WRX, I get the benefit of FEELING the road, not just hearing it.

Oh, I am... i just seem to get in and giggle. look out the window and smile... It really is a car I have always adored (since it was released here), and I knew eventually I would get one.
    looks great, how many miles have you put on it since you got it?

I remember the first ride i ever took in a WRX on 2001 it must have been, my friend got the first white sedan in the state of New mexico and took me out it was so much fun i fell in love, took me till this last summer to get around to getting the car i always wanted.
    Last edited by SonicWagon; 11-19-2007 at 08:17 AM.

Crystal Gray Metallic makes sense...but what distinguishes between "Urban" and "crystal" is beyond me... note to automakers "light gray" and "dark gray" would work fine.
    What i could never understand is they offer 4 or 5 colors, and two of them are grey. Good looking car though

Quote Originally Posted by RDB81 View Post
    What i could never understand is they offer 4 or 5 colors, and two of them are grey. Good looking car though
    the yellows and reds are least common.

Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    looks great, how many miles have you put on it since you got it?

I remember the first ride i ever took in a WRX on 2001 it must have been, my friend got the first white sedan in the state of New mexico and took me out it was so much fun i fell in love, took me till this last summer to get around to getting the car i always wanted.
    About 600 in the first week here. Getting 21mpg, which is not bad considering I have one foot or the other on the floor a lot of the time. I am hoping to get daily driving up to 24mpg...some have suggested Stage1 flash may help...

the 32mpg in my civic is hard to leave behind.

About 600 in the first week here. Getting 21mpg, which is not bad considering I have one foot or the other on the floor a lot of the time. I am hoping to get daily driving up to 24mpg...some have suggested Stage1 flash may help...

the 32mpg in my civic is hard to leave behind.
    ive heard you be closer to 24 with a 91 octane stage 1 map.

i get around 26 in my stock bugeye on 94octane