konig hotswaps sti

This is a discussion on konig hotswaps sti within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hi everyone, new to the club. i have an 05 sti and need to know if the konig hotswap(18's) will ...

konig hotswaps sti

hi everyone, new to the club. i have an 05 sti and need to know if the konig hotswap(18's) will fit over the brembo calipers? what kind of offset will i need. anyone have pics with the hotswaps on an sti. the only threads i found were on the wrx, not sti. any help would be great! thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    welcome.. pics? I like to see the car I couldn't afford. It's character building.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

Welcome and congrats on the STI!

You would definitely need at least a 45mm offset to clear the Brembo's I believe (48mm offset is safe)...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

i am not sure these will clear, the max offset is 45mm and stock is like 52 from what i have read. i also love these rims but i am very weary if they will fit or not...

try it and let us know! lol

hotswaps

some guy on ebay who is selling them is telling me the set he has with a 40 offset is fine and will clear. i think he's crazy. i dont want to buy them and when i try to mount them they dont fit. cuz if thats the case usually once you mount the rim you buy it regardless. dont know what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc6996 View Post
    dont know what to do.
    Welcome! It seems pretty simple to me. The wheels probably won't fit so don't buy them. What kind of car does he have them on now?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

hotswaps

they're not on a car, he's a big seller on ebay for the hotswaps. what he's saying is the lower (less) the offset the more clearance you'll have. i thought it was the other way around.

Its not the offset that make a rim "Brembo worthy". The inner diameter is what matters and is never listed. If it were me, i wouldnt buy rims for my STi from a non STi owner unless the rims are known to fit. I think there is a site or forum that lists compatible wheels. Good luck.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links: